Epilogue

Everything is as it should be now. I've found myself again and I've made peace with my past. Everything is perfect. I've finally gone back to college and I'm striving for what I want. I will never let someone make decisions for me again. I'm living my life how I see fit. I chuckle as I watch my new puppy run around the park, sniffing at each new thing she encounters. "Rose Ivy Masters", I raise my voice, "Get over here". I hear a chuckle behind me and turn around to see Cain staring down at me, "You gave your dog a full name?". I nod, "It fits her. She's as spunky as Destiny was and yet she exudes a type of elegance like my mother did". "I see you cut your hair", he states as he nods towards my hair that rests just above my shoulders. "It felt like the right thing to do", I state as I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, "It makes me feel like a new person". He chuckles, "How much can a person change in just two years". "You would be surprised, you were there to witness my previous change", I state as Rose nuzzles up next to me, "I changed in a matter of months last time, so two years felt like a lifetime". He nods, "So I take it you're back, for good?". I nod, "For now at least". "Do your friends know?", he asks. I nod. "Everything?", he questions. "Yes", I reply, "And they want nothing to do with me. Hell they all quit their jobs and left, Ivan got a job overseas, Kallie went back to college and chose to study abroad, and Jeremy packed up and moved to Southport". "Damn, I'm sorry", he sighs. I shrug, "It is what it is". "You still have me and the guys", he states. I chuckle, "I do and I have Alex and Rose, hell even Nelson still wants to be my friend". "No boyfriend or anything", he questions. I shake my head and watch as he fixes his hair and turns to me, a smile plastered on his face. "Why are you smiling?" I ask as he moves closer to me, "What are you doing?". "Something that I should have done back when we first met", he states as he kneels down next to me, "Hi, my name is Cain Knox. I am the leader of a gang known as the Tigers. May I ask your name?". "Nikki", I chuckle, "Nikki Masters". "Well Miss. Masters, I must say you are the most gorgeous woman I have ever laid my eyes on. If you're free sometime, would you consider accompanying me to dinner? I know a great place that serves impeccable lamb chops". "I would love to accompany you to dinner Mr. Knox", I reply as a smile spreads across my face. He smiles and places himself next to me on the ground. Now this is perfect.

The End