052

Chantria's Point Of View

"That was kind of cold, wasn't it?" Portia muttered while sipping her cup of coffee without moving away from her sight on my phone.

We are currently reading Esmé's reply to the email that I sent her last night.

I don't actually know what to reply to her. I mean... wala naman akong problema sa reply niya, at least she noticed my reply and is willing to talk with me diba? Hindi ko lang talaga alam ang sasabihin ko and besides, I'm really nervous and shy to meet her after what I did to her on the day of the battle of the bands and it seems that she didn't make a big deal about it naman so I somehow feel the relieve.

"So what are you gonna do, Chantria? Will you continue your plan to talk to her?" Portia asked and I smiled at her before turning off my phone.

"Of course! Why would I back out? After all the efforts and help you gave me tapos I'll just back out? No, no, no..." Umiling-iling ako sa kanya.

"If you want I can accompany you," she shrugged before putting the cup of coffee on the desk.

Mas lalo akong umiling. "Ilang beses ko ba sasabihin sayo that I can manage to go alone. And I'm sure Esmé wants a little bit of privacy when it comes to us talking and I respect that. You should be with Clea and Shea while I'm gone." I smiled at her.

Hindi ko pa nakakausap sina Clea, nakapag desisyon ko na kakausapin ko lang sila kapag naayos ko na ang problema ko. Baka nga makakausap ko na sila mamaya pagkatapos kong kausapin si Esmé.

She lets out a loud sigh before pulling me into a hug. I let out a small laugh when she buried her face in my neck.

"What's wrong?" tinapik-tapik ko ang balikat niya.

"Naiinis ako sa mga matang nakatingin sa atin," she uttered in a muffled voice.

Our rest days ended and right now we are at our university. Nasa may canteen kaming dalawa since she told me that she wants to treat me. Ako nga dapat ang manlilibre sa kanya pero she insisted, malakas sa akin si Portia kaya pumayag nalang ako.

Isang linggo na ang nakalipas matapos mangyari 'yun kaya lang mukhang sariwa pa ang balita. Hindi pa rin sila tumitigil sa pagkakalat. Kanina, pagkadating na pagkadating ko halos lahat ng mata ay nakasunod sa akin, I tried to act neutral and calm, I even greeted some of them and acted as if nothing happened.

"Hayaan mo sila," niyakap ko siya pabalik.

May mga bagay talaga na hindi natin kailangan pag bigyan ng pansin dahil kapag binigyan mo ito kahit konti man lang. Maaari itong maging dahilan ng pagkasira mo kahit 'di mo man lang sinasadya.

Hinarap ako ni Portia. "Pero sure ka talaga na ikaw lang ah?"

"Oo nga," I sighed.

"Teka lang, kinakabahan ako eh. Paano kung 'di naman pala siya 'yon tapos e kidnap ka bigla?" Nagpapanic na sabi ni Portia at napa buntong hininga naman agad ako.