10

September 1st
6 am
Darci Green

I wake up laying against Adam's chest, an alarm noise that I'm not used to was ringing throughout my bedroom. I turn the alarm off confused, what day is it? I look at my phone, September 1st. Oh My God, it's the first day of school. I climb over Adam, letting him stay asleep and I run to the bathroom and turn on the shower and my bluetooth speaker to play music.

After my shower I walk into my closet, I'm wearing a sports bra and Nike shorts so I'm not walking around naked obviously. I can't decide what to wear, I'll do my hair and then ask Adam.

I straighten my hair and put on minimal makeup and go over to my bed to wake Adam up.

"Adam get up, I need help choosing an outfit."

"No I'm tired." Adam turns the other way so he wasn't facing me anymore.

I grab his arm and flip him back over and drag him off the edge of the bed. I thought he'd get up or place on the floor or something but instead he lands straight on his ass.

"What the hell Darci."

"Should've gotten up when I asked."

"What do you need?"

"I need help choosing my outfit."

"Jesus Christ, fine."

Adam gets off the ground and walks over to the closet with me.

"Ok let me ge changed and show you the first option."

"Ok."

I walk into my closet to find a graphic T-shirt and some baggy jeans with only a few rips in them.
This could be cute.

I walk back out to see that Adam was laying flat on the floor with his arms under his head acting as a pillow. I think he fell back asleep.

"Adam get up." I say a little loud.

"I'm up!" Adam says startled a little bit. He stares at me for a moment, analyzing my outfit "That's not a first day outfit, also it's hot out still, take advantage of, It starts cooling off around October here."

"Ok, so I should wear shorts?"

"Yes, it's hot outside."

"Ok." I walk back into my closet  and grab a pair of jean shorts and keep on the same graphic tee. "What about this Adam?"

"Looks nice, what shoes?"

"My light blue platform converse?"  I have converse in almost every color, I mainly wear the sage green platforms because they're my favorite but I like to rotate them out for a while. I have Red, Orange, yellow, black, white and pink in just normal hightop style, I have Sage green, Emerald Green, light blue and light purple in platform high top style. They're my favorite shoe if you couldn't tell, But I obviously have other shoes, like my air forces, a pair of decent running shoes and white Birkenstocks.

"I think it'll look nice."

I grab my shoes out of my closet and shove them on my feet.

"Ok, what do you think? I still have to put on my jewelry but here's the outfit."

"I like it." Adam says with a smile.

I walk back into my bathroom as Adam follows. I start putting on my jewelry and Adam takes a mirror selfie video of us listening to the music and wishing me a good first day.

"What time is it?" I ask Adam as I put on my rings.

"6:38."

"I have 7 minutes till the bus gets here. Can you help me get my necklaces on while I put on my shoes?"