Chapter 3

My POV

Once I got dressed for the day, I walked outside tending to my garden before my hell phone rang.

"What can I do for you?" I hummed, shifting the phone so I could hold it while tending to my garden.

"Hey, Lizzie! How are you? Get settled in?" Millie's chipper voice made me grin. I missed working for I.M.P but it was nice getting all the money to myself, and now, especially since I was working from home, it was nicer than IMP City.

"Hey Millie, I'm good. Got settled right in." I said, playing catch up.

"We'll have to visit sometime! And if you ever get bored with the solo, you're more than welcome to come back. Everyone misses you."

"Tell everyone I said I miss them too, and thanks, Millie. I'll keep that in mind if it gets too quiet for my liking. And come visit, it would be great showing Blitz my horse." Millie and Moxie had recently gotten married, Blitz was still seeing that Goatia guy Stolas, and Loona had a crush on another hellhound. Well, if things don't work out, I know a hellhound who's single, I joked with Millie. Did I sigh, thinking of Blitz's...boyfriend? Sidepiece? I didn't outright hate the royal class, but I hated how they treated the Imps and hellhounds. I mean come on...even earthborn sinners are a higher class than us.

As I sat on the porch, milling around with memories, I tapped my fingers, bored as I stared at my phone. Seriously? Nothing? No killings, no errands? Fuckin hell man. As my mind wandered, I started to think about a certain male Imp. Striker. I furrowed my brow, trying to shake him off my mind. How was he? Was he alive? Did he ever settle down? I groaned, debating ongoing to town to ask Vex if he knew anything about him when my phone started ringing. Oh thank Satan, there is a god.

~

As I made my way back into town from a simple mission, I smirked as I passed the bar. Why the hell not. I entered the bar, sat down at the counter as I asked for a few shots and looked around, amused at a few couples, clearly on dates. Wish I had that sweet love. As I took another shot, I looked around, musing as I stopped seeing a figure on the other end of the counter, his hat tipped down over their face as they nursed a glass of amber liquid, a half bottle of whiskey next to them. Damn. Must be a rough night. I leaned forward, trying to get a look, he's cute though. I grinned as I waved the bartender over, handing him a few souls.

"Guy over there looks like he's having a rough night. Give him a few shots of something strong. But don't say it was from me." He nodded, grabbing a bottle from the top shelf. I've had those nights where you just want to drink away the pain.

~

Striker POV

I sighed as I rode into town. Just another town to pass through, do a few jobs maybe. I walked into the bar sitting down as I waved the bartender over, handing him a hefty payment.

"Full bottle of Whiskey, the good stuff." I frowned as I tipped my hat down, not wanting to be disturbed as I began drinking my woes away. Turning to the sound of laughter, my tail rattled as I saw couples flirting. Grumbling, I turned my attention back to my glass, nursing it, an old memory causing me to freeze.

I stood in the kitchen watching her as she helped her mom do the dishes, a grin on my face. Over the few months I worked there, we had gotten close again, and I was falling hard for her.

"Hey there Darlin' ready to go watch that setting sun?" My smile over the weeks began going from a cocky plastered smile to a more true, happier one. I was happier. I frowned, seeing as she shook her head, her tail drooping. What was the matter?