thirty one

The two walked into the dark forest. Neither friends said a word as they followed the spiders. "Heather, I don't like this." Ron tells her.

Heather didn't reply as Ron repeated himself. "Ron, shush."

"Can we go back now." Ron said scared.

"Let's go." She tells him grabbing his hand and dragging him through the tunnel that the spiders went in.

With the lamp in her hand, Heather paid closer attention till she heard branch snapping. Heather jumped as she heard a voice. "Who is it?" A raspy voice asked.

"Don't panic." Heather said as Fang started barking.

"Hagrid?" The voice said. "Is that you?"

"We're friends of Hagrid's." Heather announced. They watched as they saw a big spider appeared. She looked at the spider a little frightened. "Are you...you're Aragog, aren't you?"

"Yes. Hagrid has never sent men into our hollow before." Aragog tells them.

"There's trouble. Up at the school, there's been attacks. They think it's Hagrid." Heather tells the spider. "They believe he opened the Chamber of Secrets like before."

"That's a lie." Aragog tells her. "Hagrid never opened the Chamber of Secrets."

Heather realized that she was lied to. "It wasn't you. You weren't the monster." She said as she looked at the spider.

"No." He said. "The monster was born in the castle. I came to Hagrid from a distant land in the pocket of a traveler." Heather felt Ron grabbing her hand.

"Heather..."

"Ron..." she warns him as she was getting answers. "If you're not the monster then what did kill that girl 50 years ago?" She asked.

'We do not speak of it." Aragog tells her. "It is an ancient creature we spiders fear above all others."

"Have you seen it?" She asked.

"I never aw any part of the castle, but the box in which Hagrid kept me." He answered. "The girl was discovered in a bathroom. When I was accused, Hagrid brought me here."

"Heather..." Ron said a little louder.

"What is it, Ron?"

He pointed causing Heather to look up. She saw spiders coming down to them causing her to know it was time to go. "Okay. Well, thank you." She said. "We're going to go..."

"Go?" Aragog said. "I think not. My sons and daughters do not harm Hagrid on my command, but I cannot deny them fresh meat when it wanders so willingly into our midst." Ron dragged Heather backwards. "Goodbye, friend of Hagrid."

"Can we panic now?" Ron asked as he watched Heather swing the lantern. She fought them till she pulled her wand out. "Do you know any spells."

"One or maybe two, but their not powerful enough for all of them."

"Where's Hermione when you need her?" Ron said frightened.

Heather stood close as the spiders got closer just for the Weasley's car to come to them. "Run!" She tells him as they ran to the opened doors. Heather casted a spell on one. "Arinia Exumai!"

She shut the door just to see the spiders getting on the car. "Go!"

Ron started driving in reverse making them scream. "Whoa!" They said as they landed outside of the hallow.

"Glad we got out of there." Ron tells her till the spider grabbed him.

Heather pointed her wand at the spider. "Arinia Exumai!" She said as the bright light killed the spider.

"Thanks for that."

"Anytime." She said as she noticed the spiders. "Ron, get us out of here! Now!"

Ron start driving as Heather was demanding them to get out of the Dark Forest and away from the spiders. "The flying gear?'

"It's stuck."

Heather started helping him pull on the gear till they finally got up in the air.
~~~
When the car landed in front of the hut, the two friends got out, but Heather heard Ron ranting. "Follow the spiders. Follow the spiders! If Hagrid ever gets out of Azkaban, I'll kill him."

Heather heard the car and watched it drive away once again on it's own. "I mean, what was the point of sending us in there?" Ron questioned. "What have we found out?"

"We know one thing." Heather tells him. "Hagrid never opened the Chamber of Secrets. He's innocent."