chapter 13

word count: 1032
-
i lay in bed until i can see my room lighting up from the rising sun. i hear a quiet knock on my door and pick up my phone to check the time. it was only 6:05 in the morning.

i stand up and stumble over to the door, opening it.

before i can even see their face, i feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist, pulling me close to them. it takes me a minute to realize who it is.

"toge? are you okay?" i ask, standing there in shock.

he kind of pushes me further into my room while hugging me, so i reach over him and push my door shut.

i wrap my arms around his neck and hug him back.

"'m sorry... i couldn't sleep," he whispers.

i nod against his shoulder, my chin reaching upwards against it. "me neither," i tell him.

he lets go of me and lets out a sigh, apologizing again.

"i haven't seen that much blood in... a very long time," he says to me.

"i've never seen that much in my entire life..." i almost gag at the thought.

i walk back over to my bed and lay down, my head still slightly pounding. i look up at toge and pat down on the mattress beside me. i'm too tired to think straight.

he sits down next to me, facing away. a couple minutes later, i watch as he lays down and looks up at the ceiling.

i turn to my side to look at him, letting out a small sigh. "mm.. toge?"

he turns to look at me, "mhm?"

"what happened when i left the building? i left with maki right before you guys showed up... i had no idea that you were going to be there," i say.

"there were still a few people left alive. i noticed a lot of people running down the street... i think they made it out alive. but then there was another man involved in the plan. i don't know his name," as toge talks i can hear the raspiness in it appearing.

before he continues, i tell him "if it's too hard to talk right now, don't worry about it."

he shakes his head, "no it's okay..." he continues, "the man had killed the last people left in the building. instead of waiting with megumi and nobara like we had agreed on, i left without thinking..." he pauses, "and i went against the man. i used my cursed speech on him without thinking of how strong he could be. luckily he wasn't that strong, so it didn't affect me too much."

he says it didn't affect him too much, but i can tell by the way his voice sounds that the man must've been decently strong.

"i'm glad you're okay," is all i can manage to say. i can feel my eyes beginning to close, unable to stay awake. i figure that listening to him talk makes me feel better...

-

i wake up with my face against a chest. i remember that toge was in here before i fell asleep. i can smell the scent of clean laundry against my face. i try to move away but then i notice how much more snugged into this position than i thought i was. i can feel his arms wrapped around my waist and back. i must feel like a pillow to him.

i wonder what time it is... i move my head downwards against his chest and move my hand around behind me, feeling for my phone. i hear him take a deep breath and after a couple of minutes he quickly lets go of me.

i slowly move my head up after a few seconds of thinking if i should've just pretended to stay asleep. i look up at him as i slightly move back.

"s-sorry," he mumbles.

"i didn't mean to wake you up... just wanted to check the time," i say while sitting up in search of my phone.

toge looks behind him and moves his hand out in front of me a few seconds later, seeing my phone laying in his palm.

i take my phone out of his hand and see that it's 1:40pm.

my eyes widen as i reread the time.

"it's 1:40..." i tell him while putting my phone down.

"what? we slept for that long?" he asks.

"i guess so," i say, laughing a little bit.

i stretch my arms out, avoiding an accidental hit to his face.

"maybe we should go eat," he says as i hear my stomach grumble seconds after his.

i nod and watch him get out of the bed. i crawl over the rest of the bed, getting off of it while turning to look at myself in the mirror. we both just stare at our reflections side by side. i try to hold in a laugh when i see how tired we both look.

-
we walk to the common room and when i go to open the door, i find that it's locked.

"that's weird... this door is never locked," i say while trying to turn the knob again.

he nods.

"i guess we can just go into town and pick something up..." i say while holding my stomach in hunger.

the moment we step outside, we bump into gojo.

"oh hey you two, glad to see you're both alright!" he says, "sorry about last night, it didn't really go as plan... but all three men were arrested and are now taken care of."

after talking with gojo for about 15 minutes, i ask if he can drive us into town to pick some food up. he said that the common room is closed today because it's the only place that can currently hold meetings on that side of the building.

he drives us into town and we each grab a bite together, later going back to jujutsu tech.

-

hi! sorry for the short chapter! i am exhausted and this is kind of just a fill in chapter, plus getting to know toge better as well ;)

have an amazing day/night!