035 ; the diary

━━━━━ • ஜ • ❈ • ஜ • ━━━━━

"HAVE YOU SPOKEN TO HERMIONE?"

you shake your head, "she should be out of hospital in a few days"

"...when she stops coughing up fur balls" harry adds on.

you were all walking up the flights of stairs, you were walking with them to the common room.

you all pause and look to the ground ahead of you.

it was covered in water, as if there was no ground there to begin with and it was just a small lake.

"what's this?" harry asks.

"water" you reply, he shakes his head and you all run through it and up the final bit of stairs, with you trying to avoid splashing the water.

you enter a long hallway where water was covering the floor all over, coming right from myrtle's bathroom.

"yuck!"

"looks like moaning myrtle's flooded the bathroom" harry says as you all cautiously walk trough the large puddle and into said bathroom.

as you all walk in, harry's suspicion was proven correct.

all the taps were running at max pressure and the sinks were overflowed, spilling out onto the ground.

myrtle's cries and whines fill your ears as you all step around, towards the stalls.

you look up, she was sitting on the round window ledge, moping about.

she stops as she catches sight of all of you.

"come to throw something else at me?" she says quietly.

you tilt your head.

"why would i throw something at you?" harry asks in confusion, you nod.

"don't ask me. here i am, minding my own business.." shen slowly floats off the sill, "and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me.."

"but.. it can't hurt if someone throws something at you. i mean.. it'll just go right through you?" ron says.

you elbow him in the side harshly.

myrtle flies down right in front of ron's face, "sure! let's all throw books at myrtle because she can't feel it! ten points if you get it through her stomach!" she pushes her ghostly arm through ron's stomach, "fifty points if it goes through her head!" she screeches, punching her arm through his head.

ron gulps in fear.

"but who threw it at you, anyway?" harry asks.

"i don't know. i didn't see them. i was just sitting in the u-bend, thinking about death.."

you grin,

oh, i do that a lot too!  wait.. other people's death or your death?

she sighs out, "and it fell off through the top of my head" she nods with a small 'mhm', before turning around and whining again.

you look down in confusion, shortly followed by the other two.

sitting on the ground just in front of myrtle's stall, was a black book with golden patterns on the corners. yet even though it was sitting in a puddle of water, it didn't seem damaged.

you step forward, picking it up and shaking some of the water off, staring at it curiously.

◆:*:◇:*:◆:*:◇:*:◆

AND NOW, YOU WERE SAT WITH HARRY ONCE MORE IN THE GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM.

you had begged him to let you come in and look at the book with him, to which he accepted with little hesitance.

on the very first page, it had the word 'diary' on it, and the brand or something down the bottom.

harry flicks through the pages, you pout, "no writing?"

harry slouches back in his seat, you rub your cheek.

harry turns the book around, revealing the words 'tom marvolo riddle' written on the back, you sit up a bit.

harry flicks to the first writeable page and opens his tin of ink, dipping his quill in and bringing it over to the page, dropping a splotch of ink right in the middle.

you go to flip to the next page, only to pause as the ink sucks right back into the page, leaving no stain of any sort.

you blink in shock and harry brings over the page, wondering if maybe the ink went through to the next page, only to find nothing.

harry dips the quill in ink again before actually writing something this time, "my name... is harry.. potter" he says slowly as he writes, you grab his arm, "hey, write my name too!" you whisper shout.

he nods and writes, 'and with me i have [name] toga'

you grin.

his writing sinks back into the page and is instead replaced with the words 'hello harry potter and [name] toga, my name is tom riddle'

your mouth parts in awe.

harry gasps slightly and starts to write again, "do you know anything.. about the chamber of secrets?" he sounds each word out as he goes, you blink.

the writing disappears again, only to be replaced with a simple 'yes'

you were now on the edge of your seat as harry starts to write again, "can you.. tell me?"

you huff as all it says back is 'no'

harry puts the quill down, sitting back slightly.

you perk up as more writing pops up, 'but i can show you'

you furrow your eyebrows in confusion.

'let me take you back fifty years ago.'

the pages starts flapping about, bringing you to one of the back pages.

'13th june' it writes in the top right-hand corner.

harry holds the book closer while you put your fingers on the edge, leaning right up against harry.

you blink as the middle of the book starts to glow, stretching out and soon covering the whole book.

and then, you were gone from your place in the gryffindor common room and instead in a hallway.

━━━━━ • ஜ • ❈ • ஜ • ━━━━━

words ; 913

date posted ; 02/04/22

©_behindyou_