Who knew

A smol oneshot with around 1446 words.

Angsty?

Nah, just backstory.

Daniel being a gay boy.

Cringe

TW:

Profanity

Mentions of abuse

Mentions of the Civil War

People:

Daniel- Texas

Andrei- Alaska

Wyatt- Oklahoma

Theodore- Nebraska

Ruby- Kansas

Jack(son)- Tennessee

Eric- USA/America

Mariana- Republic of Texas/Tejas

Maria- Mexico

Isabella- California

Makani- Hawaii

Sofia- Nevada

============================

'Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck-'

Daniel's breath hitched as he felt a rough tug from his right wing, distracting him from his train of thought.

"Sorry. . ." Andrei apologized, his voice soft and endearing with his faint accent.

"It's fine. . ." Daniel responded, nervously twisting his blanket around.

If you couldn't tell, Andrei was brushing Daniel's wings because he noticed that Dan was having trouble brushing them by himself. Andrei offered to brush his wings for him and Danny couldn't really say no to Andrei.

Now he was regretting that decision as he felt his cheek heat up whenever he felt Andrei grip onto his right wing and began to pluck out some of the rouge feathers. His grip was tight, but not tight enough to hurt Danny; but tight enough to get the job done. Dan buried his face into the blanket, trying to calm himself down.

'Keep it together man. . . Andrei is only trying to brush your wings, nothing else. It'll be all over soon and you don't have to worry about a thing anymore. It's not like he likes you or anything. . . Plus, it'll never happen anyways-'

Daniel squeaked in alarm as he felt a feather being ripped out too harshly.

"Sorry!" Andrei exclaimed, "I didn't mean to hurt you!"

Daniel took a deep breath, "It's fine, it caught me off guard Andrei." he answered. Internally he groaned, who the hell squeaks in alarm? Apparently Danny.

After a few minutes, Andrei finished brushing Dan's wings; much to Danny's disappointment, he was hoping that Andrei would stay a bit longer.

"Thank you for helping me." Daniel said, folding his wings against his back.

"No problem Daniel." he replied, he picked up the brush and opened Danny's nightstand drawer before pausing.

Danny froze as Andrei pulled out a picture frame from the drawer. "Who's this?" he asked

In the picture frame was a painting from the early 1800's. The painting was of a girl around 16 with dark locks of hair tumbling down her shoulders, she had a mischievous yet tired glint in her eyes, and in her hands were a bouquet of bluebonnets and pink evening primroses. Interestingly enough, there were a few feathers scattered on her dress.