037 ; stolen

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"IT WAS HAGRID. HAGRID OPENED THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS 50 YEARS AGO"

you were all now walking down the courtyard, along with hermione, who had gotten out of hospital just recently.

"it can't be hagrid. it just can't be" hermione says.

"we don't even know this tom riddle. he sounds like a dirty, rotten snitch to me" ron adds on.

"the monster had killed somebody, ron. what would any of us have done?" harry reasons as you all stop.

you shake your head, "i don't think it was hagrid"

"you were there with me, [name]!"

you cross your arms.

"look, hagrid's our friend. why don't we just go and ask him about it" hermione shrugs.

"that would be a cheerful visit. 'hello, hagrid. tell us,have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?' " he mocks, unaware of hagrid standing over him.

"mad and hairy? you wouldn't be talking about me, now would 'ya?" hagrid jokes.

"no" harry and ron say in sync.

hagrid looks between you four suspiciously as you and hermione stare off somewhere else.

"what's that you've got, hagrid?" harry changes the subject, drawing attention to the large canister in hagrid's hand.

"oh, it's uh- flesh eating slug repellent. for the mandrakes, you know?"

your mouth parts,

oo~ flesh eating?

"now, according to professor sprout, they've still got a bit o' growing up to do. but, once their acne's cleared up, we'll be able to chop 'em up and stew 'em.. and then we'll get those people down at the hospital un-petrified" he nods.

"in the meantime, though, you four.. had best be lookin' after yourselves. all right?" he eyes you all, you nod cheerily.

he hums before walking off and out towards the shade, only for neville to run passed him. he greets him, only to be ignored.

"harry, i don't know who did it, but you'd better come. come on!"

you all exchange looks as you run after neville, he leads you through the gryffindor common room and into what seems to be harry's room.

you all pause as you make it to the door, you peer inside, over everyone's shoulders.

the room was trashed, shattered glass and ripped paper was scattered all over the floor. what you assumed to be harry's bed was all torn up and feathers from his pillow were everywhere. his trunk was opened and collapsed on its side and his mirror was smashed.

"it had to be a gryffindor. nobody else knows our password"

ron glances at you, you smack him over the head, "of course it wasn't me, you idiot"

he rubs his head and turns back to the mess.

"unless it wasn't a student" hermione says.

"whoever it was, they must have been looking for something" ron points out, "and they found it"

you furrow your eyebrows.

harry looks at you, "tom riddle's diary is gone"

your eyes widen.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

words ; 475

date posted ; 02/04/22

©_behindyou_