Chapter 4

"Plus four! Take that you muffinhead!" Crimson laughed, placing his Uno card onto the pile.

"Damn it," Skeppy cursed. "Hey, wait! You didn't call Uno! Take two more cards!"

"What? Grr," Crimson grumbled, taking two cards from the deck.

Normally, they'd be spending their nights running around the streets, fighting physically, but tonight they were having a fight that could destroy a friendship faster than even being pushed off a building ever could. Uno was the destroyer of friendships. He and Crimson had been playing for an hour and the rounds got progressively longer. It didn't help that there were only two of them playing either.

Skeppy wasn't sure why he was playing Uno with his worst enemy, but he was having fun. They played throughout the night until Skeppy saw the gleam of sun on the horizon. "Oh shoot, it's getting late- early? It's getting early, I need to go," he said to Crimson, who noticed the sunlight and rushed over to close the curtains.

"Aw man, okay Diamond. I could totally beat you at Monopoly, by the way!" Crimson laughed as he picked up the Uno cards. Skeppy helped quickly before heading over to the door.

"I waited too long... I hope nobody sees me," he said, looking out over the waking city.

"Uh oh," Crimson said, looking outside with him. "Looks like people are already out..."

"I guess I just gotta take the risk," Skeppy said, scanning the side of the building for the quickest way down without being spotted.

"Here, hold on a moment," Crimson said, running back over to his desk. He returned a moment later with a big, black sweatshirt with red cuffs on the sleeves. "Wear this over your other clothes and hopefully you'll look... More normal," he said.

Skeppy examined the sweatshirt before unclipping his cape and putting the shirt on over his costume. "Thanks, man," he said, folding his cape and stepping outside. "See you tonight!"

Crimson waved to him before shutting the door and disappearing back into the dark of the room. Skeppy snuck down the side of the building as carefully as he could, landing quietly and grabbing his bag from the bush. Maybe next time it would be better to just bring his bag upstairs with him. He hid behind a building and changed into his normal clothes. He wasn't sure whether or not to keep wearing the sweatshirt.

He decided he would keep it, but wouldn't wear it for the time being. It was a nice gesture from Crimson, but Skeppy was smarter than to go around wearing his worst enemies clothes.

He arrived back at home well after sunrise, which was uncommon for him. He'd usually leave between 3 and 5am, but today he had stayed longer than that, and they weren't even really fighting. Skeppy opened the front door and found the lights were all off inside the apartment. Bad's bedroom door was shut and Skeppy assumed he was probably sleeping. Skeppy looked at his schedule for the day and saw that he had a cafe shift at noon. Good, I can get some sleep.

He closed the bedroom door and drew the curtains, but the room was still bright with sunlight. "I gotta get some better curtains," Skeppy said, grabbing his phone. He set an alarm for 11am and laid down to get, what he hoped would be, 3 hours of sleep.

...

The day at work was relatively slow, and Skeppy felt bored outside of the times he was stressing over what he may have forgotten. Some drinks were harder to make than others, but he had his notes and began to notice a pattern of which ones were the most popular. Bad seemed as energetic as ever, fulfilling orders and baking pastries while Skeppy made the drinks. Skeppy had no clue where he got all this energy from, especially when Bad seemed to be just as busy as Skeppy himself.