|the twelfth year|

Livia never really had dreams despite being a demigod. She heard from Jason and others about how horrible they were. David told her of how he witnessed his own death at the hands of cyclops once. He had been angry as he had almost drowned that day and decided to take it out on her. Everyone knew her father fathered the cyclops.

"And every night, I see myself torn apart by a family of cyclops. Stringy, they say. You will never be more than a centurion. You are nothing but a monster in mortal skin. Bliteus Belua es!" The son of Mercury would never forgive the slight on his honor just from whom she was born. And yet, she cared not. If he were to die by her half-brethren hands, who was she to question the will of fate? Who was he?

She took all their insults with no complaint. She was the reason that the Fourth Cohort was only a step up from Fifth though Jason was improving his cohort's status.

But it was that same night of his insults that she had her first dream. A huge storm had been brewing that day with clouds blacker than she had ever seen in the city. She remembered the wary looks that had been thrown at her and Jason's way in response. People had tried to appease them all day and David had been the only one to even antagonize them. Even Octavian, honey smoothed words, didn't attempt to play games with them.

She and Jason knew that it was deeper than the two of them. The weather had been strange across the entire country since Saturnalia. They lived in California and yet, there were snowstorms, flooding, and wildfires from lightning strikes. Their fathers were angry, and the world was suffering from it.

The freakish nature continued which didn't really help either of their moods. But Lupa had trained them to keep control of their emotions. The mood was reflected in the weather just as their fathers. Jason made do by meditating more often; he would venture to the Temple of Jupiter Optimus Maximus and release all the energy he had gathered. The augor, Augustus who was Octavion's elder cousin, had been loving his try at hand with astrapomancy. He was surprisingly good at it, and her kind cousin had promised to lend a hand whenever his usual divination remained unclear.

Unlike Jason, Livia was not as nice. She was not only the best swordsmen since the founding of the camp. She did not need a weapon to win a fight. She did not need power to strip them to weaken them to a place worse than probatio.

It should as she grew cranky and irritable as the weather worsened. As her words grew sharper than the arrows of Diana Nemorensis, her dreams changed from peaceful to ominous. She could sense the change as before the birth of Phoebus Apollo, i t was her father who was blessed with the gift of foresight.

Jason appeared in front of her as she made her way to her father's shrine. She could read him better than anyone in the legion. His body was held taunt like bow on string, waiting to unleash the storm within him. She could feel it reacting within herself. Their power mixed together but something was missing.

"Do you feel it," she questioned him. He hummed as he stood outside the shrine. He gave her a few moments of privacy. She looked around the shrine, how small it appeared outside. Nothing more than a mere shed, but she had taken great lengths to improve it all. Her cohort loved her as much as they feared her. And once she became centurion, her father had sent her only two gifts. The first would be her ever changing bracelet of imperial gold, worth billions of dollars for its purity and charmed to only work and return to her. The other gift would be the supplies needed to fix the shrine as she was the only one to enter... she knew that while the outside seemed small... the inside was big enough to fit two titanics within it.

She stepped to the altar: "Thy father, earthshaker and stormbringer... I need thy guidance, my lord and king. Troubling times are on the horizon and I am blinded by the storm within. What lies for me at the heart of the sea."