Chapter 2

Ring! Ring! Oh no! My phones ringing in the middle of the lesson. Talk about not attracting attention. "Eliza, is that your phone that was ringing?" Mr Hopkins asked, staring me in the eye hoping to intimidate me. I struggled for something to say. "Yes sir,  it was my mum checking up on me as its my first day." I answered, looking as innocent as I could. There was a few half-hearted sniggers but they soon stopped when they saw I didn't react. When Mr Hopkins wasn't looking I quickly checked my phone ' wanna liv dangerously? meet me after school at  the bike shed luv mattxx '  why would he send me a text in the middle of class. I gazed over a him. He was smiling back at hopefully. I couldn't let him down could I. But he has got a girlfriend and even I know that she is queen bee of the school and its my first day.

            After school, I rushed to the bike sheds before anyone could ask where I was going. In front of me I saw matt also strolling to the bike shed. I soon caught up with him. "Err hi." I said nervously. He turned round and smirked. "So you came then, knew you would." He sneered. I looked at him closely and said, "what do you mean, I knew you would?". He just looked at me and kept on walking. I didn't understand, if any other boy treated me like this I would be out of there like a shot. But why am I staying here. I was just about to turn around and run when he grabbed my shoulder. "Look I'm sorry if I come across arrogant but there is something about you that makes you special different from the other girls, look I'm going to dump Rita for you ok I love you ." I looked deeply in his eyes. I didn't know him. He didn't know me. The world was spinning around like a merry-go-round. "No, no, no and no- I don't know you. You don't know me." I shouted and I ran away. He called after me and even tried running for me. I wasn't going to let this happen. Never.

      As I was walking home I reflected on all the stuff I'd said. Maybe I was just a bit harsh. After all he was just trying to express his feelings. But how could he had feelings for me. He had only known me one day, not even that. I focused my mind on homework but it was no use. Once I got on the bus it was all I could think about. Should I tell Rita? No I'm not a snitch. When I got home, I rushed upstairs and went to sleep dreading the next school day!