Arrest.

( let me preface this by saying that this is if he had not planned everything through and if he didn't put bombs on the levees)

(Riddler pov)

I watch the iceberg lounge intently, rifle in hand. I listen to the cops from my window, tense stances as they eye the lounge door. I tighten my grip as the door swiftly pops open, hitting the inner wall as it does. The bat drags out a slim, grey-haired man with red-tinted glasses, Falcone, a rat with wings. I peer through the scope, keeping my aim on Falcone, as he babbles to Batman.

I suddenly hear a commotion from the lounge door, Oswald Cobblepot, better known as the penguin, had stepped out to confront Falcone. He spoke something about betrayal to him in a cross, bitter tone. I see the penguin reach into his coat for his gun, and I take the opportunity to line up my shot and pull the trigger on Falcone.

The cops scramble and tackle the penguin, as he proclaimed "I didn't shoot!". The bat rushes to Falcone as he takes his final breath, He stands up, turning to me in my apartment window. Quick, I run the other way towards the fire escape as the cops hurry to my apartment to arrest me.

I climb down and walk to the diner to sit at the counter. The waitress looks off-put, scared like she'd seen a ghost. I look down slightly, avoiding eye contact "one cappuccino, and a slice of pumpkin pie, please," I say, smiling at her. She quickly makes the cappuccino and sets it on the counter, running to the kitchen afterward. I hear her on the phone, whispering about a man who escaped down the fire escape after the shot... oh shit, she's talking about ME. I panic, grasp, and pull at my hair, letting out hushed cries as tears rush down my face.

I don't want to get caught. After all I've done... and after all I've accomplished, I can't get caught now. I chug down my cappuccino and rush to the restroom, looking for any way out. I hear police sirens outside the diner as I race to find a way out. A sudden boom is all I hear as police rush into the restroom and slam me on the sink counter, cuffing my hands behind my back. "I can't be caught yet" is the only thing looping in my head as streams of tears flow from my eyes, my expression empty from shock.

I look up slightly, catching the sight of a familiar figure, the bat. I shoot him a slight smile, relieved to see his cowl adorned face, maybe he could get me out of this... he does understand me right? After all, he's been helping me this whole time. I turn my head to look at him as the cops drag me past him, waving my hand at him behind my back. He's my only chance at getting out of this, he's my best friend, he would help me right?