042 ; tom marvolo riddle

≪━─━─━─━─◈─━─━─━─━≫

≪━─━─━─━─◈─━─━─━─━≫

YOU FOLLOW AFTER HARRY, CLIMBING DOWN THE LADDER AND INTO THE CHAMBER.

you look around curiously.

it was a stone room, the floor was covered in water but with one path leading straight down the middle. multiple stone snakes were emerging from the ground with their mouths hung open and their tongues out, spread out with about seven on each side of the path.

at the very end of the path was a large stone face with a long wavy beard spreading out around it.

the room was dark and wet, water splashing underneath your feet as you walk.

you look to the end of the path, laying at the very end was a familiar ginger-haired young female.

"ginny" harry mutters and you both run down to the end.

harry drops his wand as he crouches down next to her, you also crouch down bu keep your wand in your hand.

"ginny!" harry says.

she seemed oddly pale and was passed out.

"oh, ginny please don't be dead. wake up, wake up! please wake up" harry shouts.

"she won't wake"

you look over to your left, blinking.

tom riddle was standing over in the corner, adorning slytherin robes and a straight face.

"tom. tom riddle. what do you mean, she won't wake?" harry asks.

"she's not..?" harry says 

"she's still alive, but only just" he walks over to you all.

"are you a ghost?" harry asks, you deadpan, "does he look like a ghost to you, harry?"

harry shrugs.

"a memory.. preserved in a diary for 50 years"

harry touches ginny's hand, "she's cold as ice. ginny, please don't be dead. wake up"

you watch with narrowed eyes as tom slowly crouches down and picks harry's wand up, he catches your eye, smirking slightly.

"you've got to help me, tom. there's a basilisk"

you mentally facepalm,

there's no way you're that stupid harry.

"it won't come until it's called"

harry looks at him in confusion as he slowly stand up, you stand up after him, holding your wand in your pocket.

"give me my wand, tom" harry holds his hand out.

"you won't be needing it" tom says.

"listen, we've got to go, we've got to save her"