TMP 19: Drama

TMP 19: DRAMA

"Do I have any morning glory, Jade?" I winced at the sound of his voice and took time to look at his confused face. And heck, I just noticed that he stopped eating given that his hands held both spoon and fork, while his elbows rested on the table.

Have I been staring the whole time?

"No, I was just..." I trailed to find words of excuses when he raised his right brow.

"What?" He asked, waiting for my answer.

"...observing," I finished as I shove rice in my mouth to avoid his suspicion.

"What are you observing?"

I shrugged and kept continuing to eat my meal. Good thing he didn't ask any further questions about it. If you wanna know why he asked in the first place, it's because I really have been staring at his eyes for a long time. The scene yesterday really bothered me, especially those red eyes of his. I was wondering when will it appear again. Not that I would want to see it again.

It gives me the chills actually.

Damn, I really have gone soft now, haven't I?

"I'll be doing some errands in the city after school. Would you like to come with me?"

My head shot up, and looked at him with wide eyes. Is he serious? This was the first time in two years he invited me to go with him while doing some errands. "Why?"

"I just thought that maybe.." He murmured something between that I didn't hear enough. But his cuss was an exception, and I don't know why he did. "...we could explore the city more together."

Really now?

"Oh-kay. Sure, why not?" I answered  and resumed eating. Maybe I'll get fat in this situation.

"I'm done. 15 minutes, and we should be out of here so that we won't be late," he informed while glancing at his watch before standing up, and placed the dishes beside the sink.

"I'll be quick," I said after finishing my last gulp.

****

"Where are we going?" I questioned, looking at him while driving. He was so focused on the road and it madee curious as to why.

"City," he answered shortly, not bothering to glance even a millisecond.

I rolled my eyes. "Why didn't I think of that?" I retorted sarcastically.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he returned the tone as he turned his head slightly to me. "We are going to an isolated place so that we're free from harm's way in case we'll be exchanging papers and products with a client," I noticed that his eyes kinda shifted to something-like-red colour. What the? "....That enough details for you?"

For a second there, I thought he was going to bite me again. "Yeah," I mumbled. "Sure."

A brief moment of silence surrounded the atmosphere before I immediately broke it by saying, "You know what? I don't get you these days. You're kind for a second then a complete jerk on the next."

I felt the slow pace of the car on the road as his expression changed to a softer one. "I'm sorry," he ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm just frustrated."

"About what?"

"Nothing that you should get involed with," he sternly stated before completely diverted his eyes on the road and increased the speed.

I gave him an incredulous stare, "Believe me. The way you're acting last night really got me involved. So how can you say that I shouldn't be?"

The next thing I knew is that he stepped on the break and we were parked at the side of the road. "Look, Jade. Don't stick your nose on my business, okay?"

And that triggered my inner rage. "Why are you acting like as if I did not become your property just for that?!" I raked all of my fingers trough my hair. "Eversince you saw me there, at the road!! Ever since I became your slave,.. Your PROPERTY! I give a damn hell about your business!!"

He kept silent, staring at me incredulously that I was burning mad of the situation.

"Eversince!!.." I calmed down a little bit and my voice became less louder and angrier than before, "... You took.. Care of.. Me." I didn't know why I was stuttering. I just felt like my heart is hurting, and my chest just goes up and down repeatingly. "So whatever it ... Is. I'm.. Risking... My life.. For you. I'll...always be.. Involved," I punched his arm but I don't know if I had the energy to do it hard. "Just.. D-don't.. Push.. Me away."

Damn, what is with my drama?

I felt him move. I felt myself move. When I look up, I saw his slightly curved smile with a concerned look on his face. I realized that he scooped me in my seat and let my body rest on his lap to hug me tight.

He ran his thumb under my left eye and made me look at it. "See this?" Pertaining to the liquid on his thumb. "You're crying."

My eyes widened with the announcement. I hastily covered my eyes with my hands, and removed all the tears and the wet surface on my face. "Darn it," I grimaced. I can't believe he can tease me at such dramatic situation.

But who cares? At least it's over.

"I haven't seen you cry for years," he gave me a genuine smile when I look back up, and wrapped his arms around me to embrace me tighter. Like he wouldn't let go anymore.

"Me.. Too," I don't know why I said that. Maybe because I, too, was surprised of what I did.

Another silence consumed.

We were there, all warm and comfortable with each other in the car. No one bothered that we were in an awfully awkward position (if it was me), or that we were in a long, definitely long, silence between us.

All I can hear was our breathing, and all I can feel is warmth, which is kind of ironic considering he's a vampire.

All that I care about was this moment. A nostalgic one, if I may add. Because I felt like this before, too. The feeling of safety.

"Jade," he called out.

"Yeah?" I softly answered.

"You didn't need to be mad about it, though. And I'm sorry about that," he started. I didn't speak because I wanted him to continue, and he did, "I don't want you to get involve with me because I want to protect you." I felt him kiss the top of my head.

A tug of I-don't-know struck my heart that moment.

"And I want to keep you all to myself.  I don't want anyone to steal you away from me. Contract or none," he finished and leaned closer to my face to press his soft lips against mine for the second time.

I don't want to leave anymore...

----------------

A/n: Yahoooo!! Another update. Sorry po sa paghintay. Marami pong nagrequest for update. Sorry kasi palaging short. That's how I keep it.

Oh and pasensya po. Napaenglish ata ako ngayon. Kung may wrong grammar man, bear with it nalang po. Sorry xD

Grabe anoh, I had an idea in mind for this chapter sana pero we really can't escape the fact that eventually, you'll change your mind and you'll write a new idea. And that's how I came up with this chap.

So next chap nalang yung naisip. Gusto ko nang lumapit sa conflict na ewan ko. Hahaha.

So what do you think. Please vote and comment.

I mean seriously, gaganahan kasi ako pagmay magcocomment, who doesn't? XD But I don't want to be demanding. It's in your hands lang. Salamat po ulit.