Chapter 2 (Revised)

MISSING

"Gabe. Gabe!" I called her name while tapping her shoulder so that I could get her attention. Shoot, is that a vampire?

I still see the guy sipping the girl's blood on her neck. Others that might see this may think that they were making out on the dance floor but I swear I saw it with my own eyes. He had fangs. Or am I dreaming of some sort?

I found myself tapping a girl's shoulder instead of my friend's. "Hey!" she brushed my hand away and continued dancing. I muttered an apology before letting my eyes roam.

Gabe. My eyes found her dancing with some stranger. They weren't dirty dancing at all but it still gave me the chills. I glanced back at the vampire, it was still sucking the life out of it's victim. This is unbelievable. Am I seeing things right? I turned around if anyone notices, but everyone had their own little world.

Scanning the whole room, I tried to check if there is any of his kind with him but I still can't figure it out because with everyone dancing to the beat of ED music. Not to mention, the lights were not of any help at all.

This is a dangerous place. This is not good. What if there are vampires here? You can't tell unless they'll their fangs, right?

I looked at Gabe, whose eyes were now on mine. She had this confused looked on her face and mouthed 'what's wrong?'. Should I tell her? Probably not, considering it would be dangerous for her to know and I'm still not quite sure if he is a vampire. I'm worried about her dancing with a stranger so I took large steps to get close to her.

She even stopped dancing with her partner to move closer to me too, "Are you having fun? What's wrong? May nangyari ba? You look worried," she told me. Was I really that obvious?

"Kind of," I responded to her unsure, answering all of her questions. She didn't look convinced though. I looked at the guy she's dancing with, who has this perplexed look and was waiting for Gabe go come back. I eyed him well and he just gave me a raised brow and grabbed another girl. "You should be careful with the people here. I'm sensing a bad vibe. Hindi ko gusto ito."

She glanced back at her partner, who is now dancing with a sexy girl. "Now look at what you've done," she said pouting. "Gwapo pa naman siya," she added.

I rolled my eyes at her, "Basta, Gabe. Promise me. Don't dance with anyone you think..." I wasn't able to continue my sentence when my eyes found Rona. She was sitting on a bar stool talking to a guy, who I think is bad news.

Or am I being paranoid?

"I guess Rona has a love life now," Gabe chuckled when she saw what I was looking at.

I grabbed her at the shoulder, which made Gabe taken aback for a bit. "Gabe! Let you and Rona be safe. Please tell her to not entertain strangers and both of you should be together, okay?"

Gabe raised both of her hands in surrender. "Okay, okay. Ano ba ang problema?"

I realized that someone is missing. "Theo? Where's Theo?" I asked her hurriedly.

She shook her head as an answer. "Hindi ko alam. Hindi ko siya napansin pagkatapos niyang magpaalam sa iyo." Fudge! Where is he?

I looked back at the vampire, he wiped his mouth from the blood and then scooped the girl up fireman-style. He moved across the room to the exit, and even heard someone said, "Now that's what I'm talking about!"

Everyone cheered for him and he was waving at them like he was a celebrity. A good actor, I thought bitterly. The audience were going wild until the guy has gone through the exit, then everyone slowly went back to their own business.