Cerulean

It was very cloudless. The sun embraced the whole meadow with its rays as embrace. The grasses spoke with soft whistles and the flowers sang their songs of praise as they danced to the gentle breeze. It was a beautiful sight.

You would be standing there in the midst of all the roses. You would have your brimmed hat on as your gentle touch brought out the vibrance of the red roses you touched. You would show them your sweetest smile. It would get brighter than it already was. The spring fairies would come to you only to stare at your beauty in awe. You would mesmerize them that it would be impossible to hate you.

You would then walk along the path of flowers, touching them at the process. The spring fairies would follow behind you, doing a little dance that made all the flowers bloom before your very eyes. The sun was shining blindingly yet it did not hinder you. Its rays could burn your soft skin, but it did not stop you. You followed the fairies with their dance. You twirled along the flower path, your giggle being the pleasant song everything would be dancing to.

It was a beautiful day. You made it so beautiful.

You made your way to a nearby river. The sirens and the mermaids were there. They waved at you with their hands and wagged their tails, causing a gentle splash towards you. You got wet but you only laughed and waved at them. The fairies hid behind your pink sundress, afraid of the water touching them. The sirens offered a song to you and you stayed to listen to their songs. A few moments later, you joined them, adding more harmony, making the song more realistic and tear-jerking. The fairies would wipe the tears forming on their eyes as they stayed not too far from you. One even cried loudly because of how beautifully you sang.

The mermaids gave you a necklace made of seashells. You gratefully accepted it and wore it immediately. You said it was beautiful because it matched the cerulean blue sky that day. It was iridescent even. You loved it.

In exchange of the thoughtfulness of these breathtaking creatures, you shared them your newly crafted story. It was about a maiden who was cursed to live from lifetime to lifetime in hopes to break a curse casted upon to her. It was the first time that everybody heard this tale and it came from you. You animated your storytelling using your hands and your facial expression. Every creature that passed by stopped to listen to your irresistible voice. You captivated listener to hear you out on a tale that you dubbed as true.

The tale would be engraved within the hearts of everyone you shared them with. They would remember the tale until the next lifetime came upon them as well.

You bid them goodbye and began your journey towards a tree. The cerulean sky was still in the background. The sun glistened the leaves on the tree. You hurriedly made your way towards the tree and with a smile, you held your hand before you.

There I was, grabbing it. I could almost feel your touch again. I could almost see your figure near me again. I could almost hear your voice calling me.

However, as I reached out to grab your hand, it disappeared instantly as well as your entire being.

Suddenly, everything was not the same as before. The flowers flowed with the breeze silently. The grass stood still, their voices silenced for the rest of their lives. The spring fairies would still dance but in mourning. The sirens still sang their songs but with more despondency. The mermaids continued to handcraft seashells necklaces to give to you if ever you decided to come back.

There was a large void everywhere. Nobody could fill it in unless it was you. This world felt empty and useless without the figure of you dancing amidst the path of roses underneath the clear cerulean sky.

Once again, the same clear cerulean sky came. However, your absence did not make it a wonderful day at all. I stared into the far off distance, reminiscing the night you disappeared while you were in my embrace, how I cried in agony after discovering you were gone, how this reality fell into wretchedness no matter how beautiful the sights here were.

You made it even more breathtaking. Now, everything seemed dull, lifeless, full of sadness even if the clear cerulean sky was among us.

I felt a slight tug on my shirt. I looked down and saw one of the blue fairies you loved dancing with gazing up at me with expectant eyes.

"Will she come back?" her tiny voice asked as she flew towards my shoulder and sat on it.

I looked back into the empty flower path, I could almost see you walking there again. Only this time, it would just be my imagination playing with me. You were not real anymore.

Heaving a heavy sigh, I answered, "She's never coming back."

We were both cursed yet with each other, we felt as if we were blessed. With you, I felt like I was living a long-awaited reverie. Now, the reverie had come to an end.

As the sun began to set and the cerulean sky started to fade into a different color, I vowed to find you in another life even if you would not remember me or this reality anymore.

In another lifetime, my love, I would see you again, dancing happily underneath your beloved vibrant cerulean sky.