Chapter 26

I sit on Jackson's floor in tears.

"Why would you do that"

"I don't know. I just got angry" he says.

"Angry.." I say laughing in defeat.

"Take me home Jackson. Please" I beg him.

"No. Let's fix this please" he says.

He won't take me home, so I pull out my phone and text my mom to ask her to get me.

She agrees and I send her the address.

"Ellie I'm sorry" Jackson says walking towards me.

"Leave me alone. Don't come near me"

"Please. I didn't mean to" he says.

I get up and wipe my tears.

"I'm leaving. Please don't ever talk to me again" I tell him and walk to the front door.

He grabs me and spins me around and begins passionately kissing me. Even after all of this, I still feel at home in his arms.

He places his forehead on mine.

"I love you. Please don't leave me" he says.

"I can't fix you Jackson" I say crying.

He gets on his knees in front of me.

"I'm begging you not to go. You're the only one for me" he says with tears in his eyes.

"I need to think" I say backing away from him.

"I need to clear my head and figure out my next step. Just let me figure out what I need to do" I say as my mom texts me saying she's outside.

"I have to go"

"Take your time then. Get your thoughts together as long as you need to. I will be here waiting for you. I'm not going anywhere" he says.

"There's no guarantee I'll ever make my way back to you" I say.

"I'll still be waiting" he says.

I place my head down with my eyes full of tears and I walk away. Walk away from him, the drama, the lies, all of it. I hope he can change because I think I love him too.

FIVE MONTHS LATER:

"Hey mom. I'm going to the coffee shop"

"Ok sweetie. See you later" she says.

It's been five months and Jackson is still on my mind. I think about him a lot. The good times, and the bad. To this day, I still believe I love him, and I hope he got help. It was right people, wrong time.

I walk into the coffee shop and order just a black coffee.

"That will be $2.50 ma'am" the worker says.

I rummage through my purse and find the money to pay him.

I look over and I see him. The tall guy with blue eyes, black hair, and an all-black outfit.

Jackson.