XVI

Days had passed and Pete had talked about the party neither to P'Can not to P'Ae, and maybe it would be easier if he hadn't promised Tin that had invite P'Can to the party. He probably would have given up on the idea, by now. He thinks about it every day, when P'Can or P'Ae was around but the truth was that he just didn't know how to start talking about it. All his friends from his college were already invited, Pete needed to talk to them but he was shy about it.

But when Tin asked him about it over lunch, Pete gave an awkward smile, "Tin, that- I haven't got a chance to invite them yet.."

"You haven't what? I can't believe it Pete..!! you see them at work everyday, I know you talk to them, what's wrong with you? Your birthday is just a week away!! Weren't you always so excited about your birthday? You're just so.. . .." Tin sighed in disappointment.

Pete bowed down, eyes tearing up, Pete stood up and left without saying anything, turning a deaf ear to all of Tins calls.

Few minutes later Tin's phone chimed.

I'm sorry, I'm like this na.. I'll go to the office by myself today Tin, you don't have to drop me, :) -Pete

"Pete Ai'Pete, I shouldn't have talked like that why am I like this.," Tin sighed

"I'm sorry na.. Pete. forgive me naaa.. :(" Tin messaged back.

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

Pete was seated in the cubicle, looking all grumpy, when Pond was talking a round so he just went there to talk to him, he just didn't have the heart to see the boy like that.

"What's up Pete? Everything all right?" Pond said casually sitting on Pete's work desk.

Pete nodded but his eyes started welling up with tears again.

"You can talk to me naa.. we can take a small coffee break you know? Let's go" Pond said gesturing Pete to come along.

"It's nothing really P'Pond.." Pete said slightly hesitant, "It's just that, that.," Pete said looking at Pond.

"If anybody is trying to hurt you again, I'll just deal with them this time.." Pond said flexing his fist.

Pete smiled a little.

They walked to Pond's cubicle "Tell me what is happened Pete..?" Pond asked as both of them sat on the couch, by a fancy collection of paintings.

Looked like somebody was already sitting at Ponds table, Pete hesitated a little. "Well its.. that.. it's nothing serious, Phi.. I think my friend is mad at me, and he was supposed to organise my birthday, and now I'm not sure if he's still doing that for me.. I'm just confused khab.." Pete admitted blushing.

"No big deal then, we'll hold the birthday party at my place, you're my Nong too.. anyways, If you're okay with me holding the party for you??" Pond said all excited. Pete didn't know how to react, P'Pond was good to him ever since he came to the office, but he wasn't sure if it was a good idea.

"Thank you very much but I don't want to bother P'Pond khab" Pete said feeling a little guilty.

"I love holding parties at my place, Cha'Aim doesn't let me, but this time I have a good reason.. but if you don't want it at my place it's okay.." Pond said "You can just treat us later we don't mind you know?" Pond teased.

"Um... well, so will you be able to join my birthday party..??" Pete said doubtfully.

"Hmm yes.. just tell me when and if you wanna call anybody from the office just tell me, I'll invite them for you if you want.." Pond said.

"Really? That would be great!!" Pete exclaimed.

Pond nodded proud. "Who all do you want there?"

"Umm.. I don't know many people in the office, but it would be great if you'd invite everybody who was there for lunch last time.." Pete said.

"Hmm. Okay, when is it? And where?" Pond asked.

"A week later khab on Saturday, the venue I'll message it P'Pond later khab" Pete smiled.

"Ae, don't make any appointment on Saturday, We're going to Pete's birthday party" Pond shouted.

Seconds later Ae stumbled into the room, "Wait!!! Did you say Pete's birthday? How-" Ae went quiet immediately after he saw Pete seated beside Pond.

Ae smiled awkwardly at Pete, "I think I'm free on Saturday, let me check my calendar, Ae fished his phone out his pocket and messaged Pond, "How, Ai'Pond? How do you know about his birthday? Also what is Pete doing in your cabin, I thought you're dating Cha'Aim. The fuck Ai'Pond. I can't believe you're doing this to me.!!"

Pond's phone chimed.

"Shut up Ae!! I love my Cha'Aim, I'm just helping your kid a little, how can you be so possessive you aren't dating him yet!!! And you don't even know if he's dating somebody. You wanna Go to the party or not, If you say something overdramatic again, I'll say you have an important meeting and you can just stay at home while we enjoy at his party" As soon as Ae read the message, Ae hurriedly exclaimed, " Turns out I'm free this week end, okay I'm coming"

"Thank you khab." Pete waied the two men as he left.

"If your friend backs out just tell me, I'll do it for you naa.. Just tell me" Pond said once again..

Ae gave him the jealous look, so Pond just mocked Ae with his tongue out.

Don't forget to vote and comment naaaa 💕