Discord Kitten Shinji

Shinji finally got home from his long day at work. Today he had to deal with the most annoying customers, although that was somewhat of a regular occurrence. Even so, it had really gotten on his nerves. The only thing that was keeping him going was the sweet reward he was promised. It was finally the day he would receive it.

He giddily changed out of his clothing and into something more comfortable. He then sat down on his reclining gamer chair and adjusted his microphone as well as its pop filter. He turned on his three monitors and started up his computer. As it booted up, he quickly grabbed his cat ear headphones and put them on.

"I... hate...my dad...18," Shinji read his password aloud as he typed it in.

The computer unlocked and he opened up Spotify. He always loved to have some background music. He started shuffling his playlist. The first song to start to play was Creep by Radiohead. Shinji loved this song.

Finally, he opened up discord. He looked over at his profile. He had had the urge to change his profile picture ever since Asuka had bullied him for it. However, Kaworu had cheered him up by telling him that his femboy fox furry avatar was the cutest one by far. A smile spread across Shinji's face as he remembered this. He decided to move on, he had bigger things to focus on.

He excitedly clicked on his dms and went to the most recent one. He quickly typed out a greeting.

xXKittenXx: Kaworu! I'm back. Are you on yet??

He received an immediate response.

Fallen Angel: Hey Kitten. How's the setup?

xXKittenXx: It's amazing. It's still hard to believe that you got this all for me. All this stuff is so expensive.

Fallen Angel: Anything for you

Kaworu sent a heart emoji at the end of his message.

Fallen Angel: I see that you're still using the username I picked out for you, I'm so glad.

xXKittenXx: Well I thought that I should. I mean- you are buying me nitro after all. It's the least I could do.

Fallen Angel: Ah... about that

xXKittenXx: Is something wrong?

Fallen Angel: Shinji... the thing is... I just got fired from my shift at McDonald's and I can't afford to buy you nitro this month... I'm really sorry

Shinji paused and looked at Kaworu's message with wide eyes. He couldn't believe it. He moved his head down and he crouched over on his chair while Creep continued to play. The sweet, sweet nitro that had been promised to him was now just a pipe dream. He sat back up and took deep breaths. He shouldn't blame Kaworu for this.

xXKittenXx: It's okay Kaworu. It's not your fault. What if you came and worked with me at Walmart?

Fallen Angel: I'd love that. Anything to be with you babe

Shinji felt his cheeks warm as a small blush spread across them. A smile teased the corners of his lips. Kaworu always knew what to say to make Shinji feel better. He was such a charmer. No wonder, he had fallen so easily.

He was suddenly caught off guard by a new message from the Eva pilot group chat. It was Asuka.

Pussy Boss Queen: Shinji! You idiot! All you listen to is Radiohead!

xXKittenXx: But They're my favorite band! Besides, I listen to other stuff too... like Mitski

Shinji had almost forgotten that you could see what others were listening to by clicking their profile.

Pussy Boss Queen: Try listening to real music like Weezer for once.

xXKittenXx: Thanks but I'd rather pass...