9

WHEN I WAS a child, my Dad was the only one who took care and raised me. He did a lot of jobs just for us to have something to eat, even just for twice a day.

I didn't know who my other father is, but it didn't matter to me that time. Dad is enough.

We were happy. I was happy.

Years passed and I was already in sixth grade. I was all alone in our house most of the time. Dad leaving the house early in the morning, and coming home so late at night.

He was doing his best for us, so I didn't complain even once. Instead I adjusted myself and I was the one took care of our house, even at that age.

The day for my second nature result came. Alpha, Omega or Beta, it doesn't matter. I was taught enough that we're still the same, regardless on what we are.

And by that time, I came to know that I'm a Beta.

I was happy and thought to share it with Dad when he comes home.

I cleaned the house, and cooked something for dinner.

I intended to wait for Dad that night.

When he came home, he was drunk, it was unusual.

I immediately went to help him stand. He was heavy but I tried my best to stand still.

But I was surprised when I was pushed away, so hard I fell on the ground.

I flinched when my elbow fell first. It got bruised.

"...Dad?"

I saw him grabbing his head on sides, like he was in pain. "Fuck.." after that, he went straight to his room and slammed the door.

It was my first time seeing him like that.

And without even knowing it, my life would be living hell starting on that day.

WHEN I GAINED consciousness, I tried to open my eyes in half. I feel heavy that I don't even want to move. But I still tried to search the place where I'm in.

The tight room's cold, but something warm covers my body.

The familiar scent is still here.

I'm in a car. Sitting at the passenger seat.

I looked at the window, only to see a huge man, who's on his phone talking with someone. I'm facing his back.

I can also see some smoke around him.

Not too long after that, he ended the call. And went inside the car.

I immediately smelled the strong man scent of cigarettes on him.

"Have you rested enough?" He asked in a low tone. He closed the door beside him, but didn't move after that.

Rest? How many hours I've been here then. "...Why am I here?"

"I brought you here."

"...Why?"

"You need to rest. After 'that' happened."

That? When I get what he said, I cursed him. "You bastard..!"

"I didn't mean to hurt you though." He muttered. "I guess it was too much for you."

The pain I felt earlier is unbearable. It was suffocating I could die.

I don't want to feel that kind of pain anymore.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again." He added. Again? Does he think I would let him do that again?

I don't want to see him ever again after this.