fifteen.

Xingqiu

Xingqiu awoke alone, in a new room that wasn't his, and tired.

Fuck. I don't want to go to school after last night. He thought to himself, he kept pinching his arm to hope it was just another crazy dream of his. But it wasn't, no, it was all real.

Xiangling barely got any sleep either. Not for the same reasons, she was just so confused.

What stood in the way of them? They were awesome, team Chongyun and Xingqiu, crushing the other kids at dodgeball together.
She wanted to say something to Xingqiu, but she didn't know what. So she went to google for help.

What to say to your bestfriend after they went through a breakup?

"Come on google. Don't give me bullshit." She whispered.

What to say to a friend going through a breakup? 7 things that help.

1. "Let yourself feel everything and let all emotions out."

2. "Give yourself time to get over it."

3. "Don't lose hope."

She shut off her phone. God, those would never work for Xingqiu. He needed something more meaningful, and this made her realize how picky he is with advice.

Right when she started to settle back in bed, her alarm to wake up for school rang. Oddly enough, she was wide awake.

She pushed open the guest room where Xingqiu was staying. And it seemed as if he already was settling in, his journal was laid out on the desk. She knew to not cave into her curiosity, so she slammed it shut and walked over to the bed.

"Hey. Xingqiuuuuuu... Wake upppppp...."

"I'm up. I don't want to be." He replied in a monotone voice.

"C'mon dude! I have every class with you, remember? I'll stick by you the whole day." She said, trying to sound all cheery to make him happier.

"I'm just scared! The breakup was mutual but I don't want them to hate Chongyun now. I'm so scared."

Shit. She never thought about that.

"Okay- Uhm.. OH! We should tell them that they don't have to hate him because he didn't do anything. And I think we already did that."

"Okay.." Xingqiu sighed, getting up slowly.

He didn't dress up as he usually did, just sweatpants and a sweater. That only made him more sad, he missed Chongyun so much already. But he knew it wasn't time for them.

Maybe it was..?

No. No it wasn't.

He blasted his headphones in the hall, pretending that Chongyun wasn't there was so hard.
Especially in math, where they sat super close.

He just opened a Colleen Hoover book to distract himself, he got engulfed in her writing all the time. And coincidentally, he was reading 'Reminders of him.'

Great book choice, idiot. Xingqiu swore to himself. But he just started this new book, and maybe it wouldn't be too bad.

Chongyun

"God da—"

"No negative words at this table." Bennett smiled, and Chongyun rolled his eyes to almost every positive thing he tried to say.

Lunch sucked, it sucked for everyone in the friend circle. Everyone remained unbiased, except for the two who broke up in the first place.

Of course, Chongyun was at Bennetts table. And shit, it was right infront of Xingqius.

They'd make awkward eye contact, Xingqiu and Chongyun.
Fuck, Chongyun felt horrible. He couldn't even eat, and Xingqiu wasn't either. That worrying voice for Xingqiu in Chongyuns head roared and screamed, begging to be let out.

Chongyun felt his eyes swell with tears, and he got up to get to the hallway.
He decided on the bathroom, ran into a stall, and just broke down into tears.

Xingqiu looked awful, his eyebags were dark and he looked like he cried in the past hour.
Snap out of it.

He went back to the table when he stopped crying so hard that snot was everywhere. Because being a snotter is very embarrassing.

"Did you take a dump?" Rosaria snorted, and some girl next to her started bursting out in laughter.

"No, just killing myself slowly by thinking of him." Chongyun sighed, "Him? Who's— wait." Bennett said, slowly putting two and two together that he was thinking of Xingqiu.

"You're such a fucking airhead." Diluc groaned.
Man, he was scary as hell.

('me' is Chongyun)
Xiangling G.
Today : 6:34 PM
Me: Hey. How's Xingqiu settling in?

Xiangling G.: He's doing good, but won't tell me shit! What really happened with you 2?

Me: We just.. kinda drifted. we kinda just fell out of love yk? but i miss him just being in my life, i rlly fucked up. he was amazing.

Xiangling G.: fuck i'm gonna cry

Me: lol it's okay you don't have to be sad over us. we'll both move on and find better people yk?

Xiangling G.: I hope so.

AN:
sorry for the short update, i just wanted to get this chapter over with.

i saw some ppl were talking abt heartstopper in comments on a story i was reading and it made me happy cause i'm in love with all of alice osemens books :,)
live action for heartstopper is in 6 days !! I'm so excited and very impatient

Next update will be up next week wednesday<3