seventeen.

Being 'friends' sucked.

Everything sucked.

To be fair, they were only being aquantances for the sake of themselves. They talked on the phone, coming to the conclusion of what they were going to do.
They were just gonna be neutral. And that just wasn't working, it hurt even more. And oh, it just kept getting worse and worse with everyday.

May 1st rolled around, and everyone was beaming with joy. As of May 10th, a month from then school would be over. Xingqiu couldn't wait to graduate. College seemed so exciting, that indepencence sounded better than he ever imagined.

______________

June 1st, 2022.
"Finally! We're graduating!!! Ahhhh i'm so excited~" Xingqiu hummed in his seat.
Everyone was waiting for their name to be called, and get their diploma. The names went and went and before Xingqiu knew it, he was called up.

"Xingqiu Guhua!"

Xingqiu leaped up with joy and sprinted up to the stage to receive his diploma.
Once he got it, he went to go give Xianglings mom a hug. She was basically like his mom now that his real mother was a complete scum.

"Chongyun Yang!"

Damn, sometimes Xingqiu forgot he was even there.
When Chongyun received his diploma he hugged his mom so tight. Xingqius heart melted, fuck, he still loved him so much.

The after-graduation party was a complete shitshow.
People were drinking, making out in closets, having sex in bedrooms, Xingqiu just wanted to leave. It was a weird atmosphere. But Xiangling was having fun, so he stayed for her sake.
"Xingqiu!" Chongyun shouted over the crowds, waving his hand.

"Hey!" Xingqiu shouted back, smiling a little. Being friends is okay. Its fine, it's normal.

"I'm glad you cameee!! Wanna go outside with me n' Bennett?!"

"Sure!"

Outside it was calmer, no one was outside besides the occasional person leaving with booze in their hands. "Man. College is coming." Bennett sighed.

"Where are you guys going?" Xingqiu asked, "i'm going to Liyue University of Literature."

"I'm going to a business school in Liyue too."
Chongyun said.

Shit. He's gonna run into him.

"I'm taking a gap year haha" Bennett smiled, "Razor is too, he's my buddy yknow? I gotta stay with him."

"Buddies don't makeout, Bennett." Chongyun smiled, it's ironic that he's saying that really.. Because he and Xingqiu did the same.

"Whatever. Have fun doing college while i'll be having fun traveling!"

______________

August 26th, 2022.
Today was moving day.

Chongyun and Xingqiu hadn't spoke all summer, and didn't intend to. Being friends was obviously an excuse to just not leave eachother completely. And fuck, Xingqiu had better things to think about besides his highschool ex-boyfriend.

His roommate was a boy named Nolan, he was an exchange student who he met two days ago. And oh, he was hot. But he looked really straight. It's rude to assume though, and Xingqiu kept hope in his heart.

By now he had forgot about Chongyun, and barely even remembered his six months together with him. He didn't care about Chongyun, he had a new life ahead of him. Thinking about your ex's doesn't help you move forward in life, well, your love life atleast.