Chapter Ten

The game consisted of seeing how long it took to catch the food in their mouth, which Elsa was quite unsure about. "Won't that cause a mess?" She asked him with a raised eyebrow. He just laughed in response. "Not if we're careful! Come on!" Although he still didn't like her too much, he couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a bit of fun.

"Very well." The queen sighed. He grabbed a bit of the food and smirked mischievously. "All you have to do is catch it and you win." Glaring slightly but not enough to get caught, she took a small piece. "On the count of three! Three...two...one...go!" With that, the two began their game.

After a few seconds, Elsa was surprisingly beating Jack, which he had not planned. He had wanted to win against her since he disliked losing, especially to women. Jack sped up but as the food disappeared, he knew that she had won. "Good game." He said with a sigh of defeat as he stretched his hand out to her. Taking his hand and giving it a shake, she nodded. "You as well."

Now that he had eaten, she must allow him to use a guest room. "I hope you don't mind if I give you a room that is across the hall from mine." She said as she pushed herself up from her chair. "What? Do you not trust me or something?" Jack asked her, standing up as well. "Of course I trust you, but, uh..." He waved her off. "It's fine."

Elsa and Jack began to make their way out of the dining room and up into where the bedrooms were. They walked through the halls which were filled with silence once again. Once they reached a slightly decorated door, they stopped. "Here is where you will sleep so I hope you rest well. If you need anything, I will be across the hall." He doubted he would need any help from her, but he nodded in reply. "Of course. Goodnight."

The queen went into her room and took off her ice dress with her powers, then she slipped on a simple silk nightgown from her closet. She sat on her bed and undid her hair, letting it flow down her back like a shimmering river. Once she had finished, she laid down and soon fell asleep. Jack on the other hand, had laid down in his clothes, unable to fall asleep.

His injury was still bothering him but he didn't want to confront Elsa, especially if she was asleep. He sighed softly and searched the darkened room with his eyes. Never had he been anywhere so nice and pleasing to the eye, and it was strange to him. He would much rather prefer his small bedroom in Burgess, but he knew he must deal with it for tonight, not that it was a bad thing.