Chapter Twelve

Jack let out a soft sigh as he went to sit by the window, with the help of his staff. He was wondering what was taking her so long and he was already pretty hungry. Meanwhile, Elsa had gone downstairs along with her sister. "Good morning!" Olaf, the snowman she had created when she ran away, exclaimed joyfully. She smiled at him and took a seat at the far end of the table.

After a few minutes of eating, Olaf talking, and Anna and Kristoff chatting excitedly about his ice delivery job, she decided to sneak away with some food. Elsa grabbed a couple of rolls and created a small ice bag, stashing them inside. "Uh...Anna? I don't feel very well...I think I will go upstairs to rest..."

As she pushed up from the chair, her sister did as well. "What's wrong, Elsa? You seem completely fine." Anna said but Elsa just shook her head in disagreement. "I just need some rest, that's all. Don't worry about me." With that, she dashed out of the room and up the stairs to the room where Jack was.

He was slightly startled when she burst in, but calmed down quickly. The door shut without any sound and she set the bag down. "Here you go." The queen took a roll out and waited for him to get one. Jack stood up slowly and made his way over, taking a roll. He bit into it, attempting not to make any mess for her to deal with.

Nibbling on her own, she sat down on the bed. "If I may ask, do you have any siblings?" The room filled with silence after the question was thrown out. He did have a sibling; a baby sister named Emma. Since she hadn't been born before he left, he hadn't really seen her, but he guessed she would be about eight or nine now.

Due to the silence, Elsa suspected that she shouldn't have asked the question. "Uh, never mind..." But he cut her off. "Her name was Emma and she wasn't born before I left. I don't know anything about her other than her name. Don't worry about it, though, it's fine." He told her as he took another bit of the roll.