Chapter Eighteen

Elsa sat on the edge of Jack's bed, silence filling the room. Neither of them had any idea what to say to each other. He felt like he was just a burden since he seemed to just be getting worse. "Look, Elsa, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to sta-" She cut him off. "It's alright. You can't help it if you are ill."

Gently, she leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on his warm forehead. His face flushed slightly at her action. She noticed his slightly red face and did it again, just to mess with him. "Y-You can-can, um, stop now..." muttered Jack softly as the redness of his cheeks increased.

Elsa thought that this was a bit amusing, but didn't continue since she figured that might make things even weirder. Not to mention every time she did it, she couldn't help but want to actually kiss him.

Yawning softly, he closed his eyes. This time, she blushed faintly. Although he was ill and looked a bit beaten, he was still quite peaceful. Jack sensed her staring at him and opened his eyes again. "Uh...what do you need?"

Gasping slightly, she quickly stood up. "N-Nothing! I just-I just wanted to make sure you were alright!" With that, she scurried out from the room, leaving a very confused man behind. "Alright then...?" He said as she raced out from the door. Shrugging, he closed his eyes again and soon fell asleep.

Meanwhile, Elsa was in her room, scolding herself. "You are the Queen of Arendelle and you should not stare at the simple villagers." She told herself as she paced. "Stop yearning for him, he's not even royal." She didn't believe any of the things she was telling herself, but she knew that she had to.