2

2

After a couple of dramatic goodbyes, mostly from my mother, I was shipped off. I was put into a carriage with Alpha Black who paid me absolutely no mind. I didn't mind that, simply because he scared the living crap out of me. My brother, technically speaking from another mother, didn't give me much of a goodbye, a hug, a kiss on the forehead, and a threat was all I was left with. The threat wasn't even for me. It was for the gigantic hunk of a man next to me. Ares didn't even flinch at my brother's barely hidden animosity.

   Ares's pack did not like me. I let my block down for less than a minute and the only thing I received were insults. Angry words telling me I didn't belong. Apparently my new pack nickname was golden spoon, because it would seem I was born with one up my ass.

  They made it seem like I offered myself to be given to this Alpha. I didn't and I wouldn't have, had I been given a choice. They, however didn't know that.

  We were in the carriage for hours, his people opting to run ahead making it there long before us. 16 hours, only stopping to let the horses relax. When we arrived it was far past dark. Didn't stop the people of his pack from milling around through the lush dark green trees that covered majority of his land. While my father made our pack land more city-like, Ares opted to leave his the way nature meant it to be. The carriage stopped in a clearing right in front of a rather large house. It was a beautiful home, seeming to loom over the emptiness of the clearing. The moon shined on the clearing like a spot light down on the house and on the large amount of people sparring in front of it.

  I was stiff, tired, and sore and I couldn't wait to go to sleep. I would deal with them hating me tomorrow.

  She didn't even fight her way in

In a moment of weakness my block slipped and that was I caught. Fight my way in?

  "What do they mean?" I asked Ares who was walking ahead of me. Silence fell over the field and people stopped sparring. They all turned looking at us in shock. Eyes as wide as the moon that shined on them. Was I supposed to be quiet my entire life here?

  "What does who mean?" Ares stopped walking to turn to me.

  "Someone said I had to fight my way in. What do they mean?"

  "A tradition of my pack that does not yet concern you. You will not take part in it because you were given to me, rather than requesting to join." I felt the hate of his pack go up for me a little more at his word.

  "What if I would like to participate in this tradition?" He raised a scarred eyebrow at me in question.

  "You'd have to fight a member of my pack. A member of my choosing." I thought this over for a few seconds with him watching me. I'd have to do this, to gain at least a little respect from his pack.

  "If I lose?"

  "My pack will hate you even more than you already think they do, because I can't reject you." I nodded.

  "When will this take place?"

  "If you agree to this, it'll take place tomorrow afternoon." I nodded. Looking around at the people surrounding me. Why are they all so large? Even the females all seemed over 5'8.

"There is a height, weight, and skill requirement to join my pack." I guess that made sense. "2 of those 3 you most certainly don't reach." I sighed. It's not like I asked God to make me 5'5 and 117 lbs.

"Where will I be sleeping? Tomorrow is certainly bound to be a long day."

"Considering you are to be my Luna," the hush that had just began to lift from those in front of the house resumed as everyone stared at me in shock, hate, and disgust. Clearly not pleased by this news, "you will be staying in my quarters with me." I nodded not really caring. All my mother's past rules choosing this moment to speak up. Listen and obey. Was the main one she'd drilled so far up my ass it'd take surgery to remove it.