Chapter 4: The True Strength

I was watching as Takiro's legs shook beneath her. She was petrified, and dare I say paralyzed. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, oblivious to the unnatural activity that happened moments ago. I was now walking towards Takiro. "You can tell me, even if we don't know each other well." She seemed to raise her arms apart, kind of like a hug pattern. I decided to cooperate with her once, and hugged her, which seemed to surprise her. She started crying on my shoulder, in which I just hugged her harder. She seemed to trust me more than I trust my own dad.

I knew it was uncomfortable to have your back rubbed or pat, so I didn't. My "mother" was watching this happen with jealousy. I knew it was probably awkward to just stand there watching this happen. I pulled away, when Takiro clutched my shirt. "Please... Please don't leave me again..." She was still sobbing, but I still pulled away. This was the most affectionate I have ever been, it even surprised me.

I watched as she gathered herself. "Sorry... I'm normally not this emotional..." I smiled. "It's fine, it was good for me to get a hug too." I heard thumping on the ground, which sounded like it was getting louder and closer to my position. I heard someone yelling. "Vanquish the human! He plans to overthrow me!" I saw the ruler for the first time in person. He was chubby, and he just looked lazy overall.

I got ready to fight, as those words never go on an empty threat. True enough, guards came towards me, thinking they could easily overpower me. I learned how to fight, they were almost no match for my skills. I punched one that was going for my back, he stumbled backwards, holding his now flattened nose. The other guards were now hesitant to even step towards me. The ruler still persisted.

"Go on! Get him! He can't be that hard to beat! He's just a human!" I glared at him, before he realized that all of his guards were gone. "Heh, no one has seen my actual form! Consider yourself lucky, human!" I didn't even see his final form, he flew away before even transforming.