Chapter 1: The Village

I was sitting inside my forever known house, which was inside the tiny village named Gingerstone. The village was named after the god which was worshipped by the local church. I personally never believed in any "Celestial gods" or anything like that. It all seemed like bullshit to me. Yet the church still worships. I haven't found any evidence of any god existing, but I never even remotely tried to convince others that there were no gods.

I just didn't care. As long as others didn't try to bring me to the "other" side, I wouldn't defend myself. I was watching out of the window of my house, watching the sky in perpetual boredom. Something peculiar was happening, the sky was burning with actual fire. Now I'm no expert, but I don't think the sky is supposed to be on fire. I also saw what I would've thought was a black hole opening up.

The only thing normal was that humans were falling out of it, well, it was normal enough... I guess. I saw a humongous boulder fly down towards the village, which I was still in. I decided that I would help in the fight against it, and wether it was suicide or not, I will never know. I heard one of the people from a movement to save forests around the world preaching. "The toxicity of our city is only getting worse, why can't you just support..." I saw who he was talking to, the person he was talking to was my father. "Enough with this nonsense!" I watched as the bomb finally went off. I pulled my father aside.

"Don't you see that gigantic boulder in the sky? You have more important things to worry about." He looked up, but to my surprise he denied the obvious. "What do you mean? There is no boulder in the sky. I think you need to see a doctor." I thought he was being honest, but then I saw the sweat on his forehead. "Dad? You have something to say?" I watched as he barely formed sentences. "I mean... No... Maybe?" I waited in anticipation. "Alright... There's something I have to tell you. I just didn't think the effects would work now." I was questioning his sanity at this point. "What? You can't keep me in anticipation." My father exhaled deeply.

"You remember when I worked in that church?" I nodded. "Yeah, you had an exorcism almost everyday." He sighed, as if he was troubled. "Your mother was a demon. I didn't know until I saw her conspiring against mankind." I knew what he meant, but I didn't want to accept it. "What do you mean? I'm human right?!" My father scratched his head. "Well, to be honest no one knows. You look human, but you have the ability of a demon. That would explain you being able to see the giant boulder in the sky. That boulder is where demons actually reside." I finally understood. "So you're saying I'm actually a demon?" He nodded.