Chapter 2: Mother

I was shocked to find the truth, but I needed to know who my mother was if she was still alive. My father seemed to know what I was thinking. "If you want to see your mother, she's probably up there crying her soul out." I looked at him curiously. "Why would she be crying?" My father looked at me as if I was dense. "Son, she may be a demon, but she still loves me and I just kicked her out like we were mortal enemies." I finally understood. But I was still gonna chew her out because of her leaving me with no mercy of love.

I was still mad that she didn't even fight for me. I needed to know if my anger was in the right place. "Dad... tell the truth... did she even fight for me?" He nodded. "Yes, actually her last words to me were 'I want my son!' And then she flew up to that boulder. Whether she's still alive after that, I don't know." I nodded. I was running up the street, trying to figure out how to even get up to that boulder. I saw a beam of light flowing down, but I didn't pay much attention until I was out of options.

I decided to walk under the spotlight that was flowing out from underneath the boulder. I looked up, before seeing I was floating towards the sky. I was slowly rising towards the boulder, which was raining dust on my face. I saw an opening sliding open in the boulder, where I was thrusted upward suddenly. I landed on what felt like a soft pillow. There was no turning back, if I were to jump off the side of the boulder I would be sure to break my legs.

I heard struggling as what felt like a soft pillow moved. "So much for a peaceful day..." I heard a soft voice below me, before realizing the soft pillow was actually a human. "Sorry... How did you even get up here?" I asked the human. "My question is how did YOU get up here?" I looked at the now closed opening. "I just got carried up here on the light." The human sighed. "Anyway, what is your name?" I realized the human skin was fading and was being replaced by a red hue.

"Deshiro." The now demon dusted themselves off, before I even realized the demon was a woman. "Well, you know mine, so what's your name?" She went still. "My name is Takiro... Why do you ask?" I scratched my head. "Because I thought it would be the polite thing to do." She finally realized the obvious. "You're not a demon, are you?" I nodded. "Yes, I just came here to find my mother." The demon looked around.

"What's her name?" I sighed as I realized I forgot to ask for her name. "I don't know, I never even thought to ask my father for her name." She sighed before pointing to what looked like a bird skull on a brick foundation. "That's my house, why don't we talk inside?" I nodded, before warily following her inside. I watched as she walked through the door, which seemed to be made of burnt wood. When I touched it, however, the door seemed to scream and burn as flames engulfed it. The door seemed to melt right before my eyes.

"What is happening?" I asked as the liquified door surrounded my feet. "You're a human, anything you touch will be melted in this world." I found a new sense to not touch anything. "Right..." I walked through the brick foundation, where she finally found somewhere quiet. "What in the hell are you?" She asked. I looked down at my clothes, seeing nothing wrong, but when I decided to check my back, I had a tail. I also tried to wipe the sweat off my forehead, but found nothing but a pair of horns.

"Must be my demon side." I said casually. Suddenly someone crashed through the wall. "Who are you?!" I asked as they swung their tail around my face. "My son! My beautiful son!" I was confused on how they would even know I was their son. "Mother?"