Chapter 5

The cold blade pressed further on my throat, I felt the warm liquid trickle down my chest, it tickled but not in a way I could giggle, the type that sent chills down my back making my stomach want to empty out all it's contents. I gulped down my fear and held my face expressionless.

"You thought you could just leave? I was trying to help you!" Zach yelled and banged his fist on the wall. The hard impact made a dent in the wall. His fist was red and his knuckles were scraped. I winced as he pressed further onto me.

The blade left my throat as he pulled away, I dropped to the floor, impacting the floor with a loud thump. I hope nobody in the rooms nearby heard any of this commotion, what if they did, would that be a good thing?

I gulped once more, tears threatened to spill down onto my face in a rush. I wouldn't cry, I wouldn't show him I'm weak or scared of him.

"If you were really trying to help me, this wouldn't have happened." I took a look at him, giving the worst glare I've given. "Leave". my voice sounded rough and tired.

He had crashed through my door at 7 in the morning, I wasn't even awake yet, but his loud voice woke me. I'm not completely sure how he got in but I'm sure he seduced the girl at the front desk.

"April, let me explain." I guess he was calmer now cause now he didn't sound like he wanted to kill me, just as he did about...five seconds ago. I kept my eyes trained on the stained carpet, I don't want to look at his ugly face.

"I do care for you. But my father is a bad, bad man..you have to trust me." I scoffed.

"You said you would explain how you helped me, don't give me a dumbass sob story." I didn't care about his non-existent feelings.

"I'm...I'm going to tell you something you must keep as a secret...okay?"he said plopping down right in front of me on the floor. We were now eye level, and he began to search my eyes as I did his. Neither found love for the other one.

"Okay" I nodded.

"Your father, he's the right hand man to my father, right?" I nodded again slowly for him to continue, not knowing where this was going.

"Well they have a business or company, whatever you want to call it, well this...Business...has a rivalry business... and they are far more powerful than ours but we still challenge each other. These people are just as evil and must be taken down or they will kill us. The head of this business has a son who will kill you, I'm not sure if you've met him or not, but you need to leave anybody 'new' alone. April I care for you, and if you die... that'll be it for me your my only sense of normality." he whispered the last part sorrowfully. I turned to him letting a few tears slip. I'm not sure of I should believe him, but what's the worst that could happen? Oh right! I die!

"Well I traveled all this way to get away from you and your father and now I have to go back?" That was such a waste of gas.

After a few minutes he stood up."Come on" he said dusting his pants off, lending a hand to me. I took it, lifting myself of the ground hurrying to the bathroom.

I cleaned the small cut on my throat and made a few adjustments to my appearance to make it more presentable.

I knew what I would do. I wouldn't let Zach in on it though, I would be "buddy-buddy" with him, make him feel comfortable, then.... well that still had to be planned. It was a simple little plan but one that could definitely work.

I walked out to find my bag already packed back up and an impatient Zach standing at the door with an annoyed look on his shadowed face. Only a small lamp was on, other than the bright bathroom light seeping into the small room.

"You ready" I saw his eyes drift to the bandaid, that was stuck over the light slit on my thin throats skin. He didn't even say sorry.

"No 'sorry for slicing your neck April' or 'sorry for getting less than a millimeter from killing you April then giving a speech on how I would never want you to die bullshit story'. Nothin?" I said with my hands on my hips, waiting for his crappy apology to never arrive, he was too prideful.

"Can we leave?" He said matching his facial expression.

"Can you not be douche?" I snapped.

We glared for a few seconds before he broke and mumbled a sorry. I walked forward and harshly pushed past him ripping my bag from his hands. As I walked by the front desk I placed a couple bill that would pay for my night and more on the girls desk.

I quickly walked to the car hearing his footsteps trailing behind me and speeding up, I panicked and sped up my pace. I jumped in my car and saw him walk to his with clenched fist. I placed my bag in the passenger seat and zoomed out of the parking lot almost hitting his car.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had driven for 2 hours and had a couple more to go, I was contemplating on what I would do. should I try to lose Zach and runaway once again. His car was faster, I don't think I would be able to make it. I guess Ill go home get a lecture have an arguement, then leave to "flower shop."

The sky was bright and blue with little clouds scattered across the sky. The cool breeze was blowing through all the windows, whipping my hair around making a bit difficult for me to drive.

But I'd manage just a couple more hours, then I'll be home for my death.

•~~•

4 hours later I was in front of my driveway.

During the drive home all I had in mind was what Zach had told me was true or if it was another trap. What if my father knew about this business, why didn't he tell me?

And if maybe this whole thing might have been involved in my siblings and mothers death in someway, why wouldn't my father let me know of that?

All these thoughts made my mind swirl.

I stayed in my seat pondering about it. Until I heard a knock on my window and turned around to see Zach face to face with his eyebrows knitted together.i realized I was back at my house... I thought I had a couple hours? How far was my hotel, did the darkness of night make it feel farther or...what?

"Are you gonna get out or not?" He rolled his eyes and walked away.

I mentally cursed him, what a prick.

I stepped out of the car and locked it. I followed behind him and flipped him off behind his head.

He turned around and jumped backwards slightly because of the surprising closeness between us.

He stared at my eyes and then they flickered towards my lips, they lingered there for a few seconds before he blinked twice and stepped back. He coughed to clear his throat and looked behind me.

Why does it feel like I should know something?

" April, I...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEYYY YALL

I know this was a short chapter but there are some VERY EXCITING things happening!!!!!!!Oh and If you would pleas vote and comment! We wont be updating the next chapter till we get tres votes. (that's 3 in spanish)

HAVE A GOOD DAY!-
Hannah