Chapter 4

"Well this is--" and before I know it Johanna rips the microphone out of Effie's hand.

"Well isn't this just peachy?" She laughs evilly. "We have a relative to president snow! Listen." She grabs him by the hair and pulls him close "If you are as sick and twisted as your grandpa" she pauses. "You just might win!" She goes back to her chair and sits down, still laughing to herself.

Then Effie says "So was Heinz your--"

"friend. Yes." He says interrupting her,
"and a very good one"

"I can tell." says Effie and Karthik walks to the line of tributes.

She reads the rest of the boys and then escorts all the tributes, unfortunately including me, to a car to go to the training center. We all pile in and go in silence to the tall building. We walk inside and a tall, dark haired man greets us and tells us to pick a partner that we will be living with of the opposite gender, because that was how it worked when there was districts. Everybody picked strong, tough looking girls while I went with Bella Montiez. She looked nice, but quiet. Kind of like me. Karthik managed to get a partner in a matter of seconds. I guess people look up to grandchildren of mass murderers. We all chose our floor levels and we went with the 8th. We all filed in the elevator two by two to our levels. We got to level 8 and the doors opened, revealing a beautiful room with delicate furniture, a big glass chandelier, and a magnificent mahogany (😂) table with a meal already set for us. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, and gravy. And to top it all off, we had Strawberry sheet cake with boisenberry pie for dessert. They had to keep it sort of simple because The Capitol Games was a punishment and they did not want to reward us with too amazing of food. After we finished our dessert, I realized that Bella had a knife in her hand a lot of the meal.

Then, before we could stop her, she got up from her chair and quickly said "I would rather die than kill innocent people. Be sure to tell this to Paylor."

Then she buried the knife she was holding into her chest.