chapter three

⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅‎♡‧₊˚

"Dearest Reader, this author finds herself compelled to share the most curious of news

"Dearest Reader, this author finds herself compelled to share the most curious of news. It seems our diamond requires a closer inspection. As such, an even rarer jewel of only the most remarkable brilliance, fire, and luster has been unearthed. Her name unknown to most, yet soon known to all, is Miss Marina Thompson.

This author is left to wonder whether Her Majesty might reconsider the high praise she once afforded Miss Bridgerton for we all must know what the Queen despises more than anything... Being wrong. And the drawing room at Bridgerton house currently appears to be emptier than the muddled head of her dearest King George.

"Father," Aurora sidled up to the man as he occupied himself with reading the latest scandal sheet. "could I possibly pay a visit to Daphne before the day is over?" Her brother Jasper distracted the four suitors who had paid her a visit with a charming story of his days spent at school. "I believe my suitors have fallen deeply in love with Jasper." She gestured behind her as she giggled and Jedidiah chuckled, amused by the entranced young men. "Please? I won't be long."

"I suppose that shall be fine." Jedidiah agreed. "According to today's scandal sheet, I don't believe she's been faring well."

"I know, I read it this morning." The girl sighed softly. "I fear that would be Anthony's doing. He kept her from dancing at Lady Danbury's ball. Her dance card remained empty and he made her leave early."

"Tragic." He commented, not finding any interest in the gossip. He merely read the scandal sheet to ensure his daughter's name remained untarnished.

"Very much so!" Aurora exclaimed. "This is supposed to be her introduction to society and he's completely mucking it up for her." She grumbled. "I do hope she's faring well today."

"How about you sneak on over to check on her and I will have Bailey usher your suitors with some halfhearted excuse."

"Have I told you recently how much I love you?" She wrapped her arms around him as she quietly squealed into his shoulder. "I shall leave quickly. If you should need me, you know where I will be."

"Take care." She glanced at the men young men still distracted by her brother and quietly snuck out of the room. She was greeted by Bailey in the foyer and she smiled politely at him.

"Leaving Miss Aurora?"

"Yes, I'm due for a visit to the Bridgerton home." She informed him.