𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 3❥𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑁𝑜𝑡 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑎 𝐷𝑎𝑡𝑒

I was so happy that night. I told Ali Susan and Barbara all about it. We talked like we were just friends.
    "That's great, Michelle!" Ali congratulated me. I would've needed more confidence if I wanted to ask him out on an actual date. I couldn't sleep because I was excited for the day we would hang out.
    I had a usual day at school. I enjoyed my 3rd, 5th, and 6th periods. I tried talking to Bobby more so it'll be easier to talk to him. The rest of school was a bore. Even though it was the first week of school, the teachers didn't let us off easy unlike in my old schools. No matter how old you were.
    I saw Jimmy again. I asked him more things about Bobby.
    "Probably best to try to not be nervous because then he might feel like there's something wrong with him. And try to be yourself. Don't be someone you're not."
    "Got it. Thanks a lot."
    "It's no problem."
Finally, the bell rang in my last period. I quickly ran home. Bobby already offered to be the one to pick me up.
   Elizabeth was working and didn't seem to care about where I was going. I went outside and saw Bobby walking up the stairs to the doorstep.
"Oh hi." He said with a smile as he stopped walking.
"Hi. Are you ready to go?"
"Yeah." We walked to his car which was a black Cadillac fleetwood. I was surprised. His car was really clean.
We made it to golf n stuff.
    "So, what do you like to do here?" I asked Bobby.
    "Well, play arcade games of course. Oh here's my favorite game." He showed me this combat game that involves karate. He was really into it but I couldn't help but just admire him the whole time.
    "You seem to really like karate."
    "Well yeah. I'm very good at it."
    "Maybe you could show me your moves sometime."
    "Alright then." I watched him play as he explained how to play. He won a lot of rounds. He explained that it's also a multiplayer game. We played a lot of rounds and he won each one.
Then we did golf. I kept missing the cup and Bobby kept laughing. I pushed him lightly and he kept on laughing when I started to laugh with him.
We took pictures in the photo booth. He sort of put his arm around me. My mind started scattering and I was probably turning red and I got really nervous. We didn't spend too much in there because it still wasn't a date.
    After a few more arcade games, we ate food. We continued to talk about random things. Bobby seemed comfortable around me. I tried to avoid eye contact but I wasn't exactly sure if he was doing the same. We just focused on our food. My hand was resting on the table next to my food and Bobby accidentally touched my hand. I was flustered but he immediately apologized.
    "Oh my god I'm so sorry."
    "Oh. Uh it's fine I don't mind." He looked away and covered his face a little. I started to think this might actually turn into a date.
We sat on a bench and talked about stuff for a while. We went kind of silent for while. I got a little nervous because we were sitting kinda close. Bobby had a look on his face like he was tempted to do something.
    He started to lean in towards me like we were about to kiss. It felt as if there was a magnet pulling our lips together. I wanted to kiss him I've been thinking about it all night but I didn't want to creep him out. I decided to go for it and kiss him back. But before I could think...he made the first move. It felt really nice. I hated to admit it, but it was only like my second kiss in my whole life.
He pulled back.
"That was...nice." He chuckled awkwardly.
"I thought this wasn't a date."
"I guess it is now." He said as he smirked.
After that he drove me home.
"Well I guess I better get going my mother is probably waiting for me."
"Wait, just one more thing. I had a lot of fun tonight. We should hang out more." Then he pulled me in and kissed me on the lips a second time.
"I had fun, too. Bye." I smiled and got out of his car and walked back to the doorstep happily.