Rooftop

"Smile!"
I instinctively flick my head towards the voice-- before I hear the snap of a photo from an old vintage camera.
"Yuji!" I stammered.
Itadori Yuji grinned as the film slowly slipped out of the slot of the camera-- before grabbing it and fanning the small slip in the air for the ink to dry.
"You know, I'm quite glad I found this cam- hey!"
Yuji huffed as I stole the photo from between his fingers.
"I'll keep that," I chortled softly.
"But I didn't even get to see the result!"
"Take that as punishment for taking a photo of me. You know I'm not used to my photo being taken."
I watched him pout before heaving his backpack up onto his shoulder.
"Yeah yeah, I still have the camera. So I can take another one anyway," he teased.
"Just-- okay, let's just get to class before I make sure that precious camera of yours belongs to Toge. At least he knows photography."

----

I sighed-- it was only third period. Third period was when Gojo gave lessons on the anatomy of curses-- and having to analyze their body for any weak points.
Sometimes he would get into cursed objects/tools-- which was enticing enough to keep my attention.
Or even into the history of these cursed items.
"We all have learned about Sukuna through Utahime Iori. He possesses an immense amount of superior power. Thus, if we were to even have a small body part of his, that morsel is writhing with Sukuna's pure energy and strength."
I pondered. Sukuna. He's dangerous. If I were to ever come across him, I doubt I would survive in any way possible.
I looked up at the clock. It was nearly the end of the period-- so I decided to slide my laptop into my backpack.
"Hey hey, y/n, can I borrow your pencil real quick?"
I turned around to find Yuji. I hastily shifted my position towards Gojo-- for if he saw my back to Yuji, he would have the wrong idea that I wouldn't be listening to the lesson.
I leaned forward to grab my pencil case in my bag, before lifting it out.
I unzipped its mouth, before opening it. I barely noticed the blue sticky note against the wisteria base of my case. I read: 6:00 PM. School rooftop.
Right below the statement was today's date as well.
I frowned. I couldn't recognize the handwriting at all. This . . . is a little weird?
The note and everything. And why did they even place it in my pencil case?
I shook my head. I shouldn't be concerned. Afterall, it's possibly just some lame prank. But . . . I'm still quite curious as to why they want me there.
I swifyed around and handed Yuji a mechanical pencil.
"I'm sorry for the wait," I whispered.
"Y/n! Hoii." Gojo snapped his fingers to get my attention-- and I nearly tipped over my chair as I was turning back around.
"Hm, I know it's almost the end of class, but that doesn't excuse you to talk to Yuji."
I frowned, before standing up from my seat and bowed. "I apologize, Gojo-sensei."

----

It was finally lunch. I sat next to Yagami and Nobara outside. Fresh air is always nice with a meal.
But with the tray in front of me and the spork in my hand, I couldn't seem to bring myself to eat. Nothing depressing though-- just . . . no appetite.
"Hey, y/n, are you okay? Gojo called you out in class two periods ago," Nobara recalled.
"Pff-- I was just handing a pencil to Yuji. Gojo-sensei just had a small misunderstanding. There's no need to dwell on it--"
"Y/N, I'm so sorry!" Yuji wept, before walking up to me. "Is there anything I can do? It's my fault that I forgot my pencil, ahh." He frowned at himself.
"Hey-- it's okay. It's no big deal."
"To you at least. Maybe I can buy you a drink?"
"It's fine, really," I chuckled.

----

The end of the day-- or at least the end of school.
I just remembered about the blue sticky note in my pencil case-- and I simply just decided to chill on the rooftop until whoever they are would arrive.
I just hope anyone else unrelated to the note wouldn't find me up here. I doubt I was even supposed to be up here anyway.
I took out my headphones and played one of my favorite playlists as I started to do my homework.
I frowned. The question read: approximate the time it would take for this curse to reach your destination in 40 meters.
It provided an example of an image of a deformed person with horns posturing from its ribcage and scalp. This assignment was simply just an estimation / prediction-- meaning I can write any answer. But that wasn't just it. I had to scrutinize the body of the curse. I could tell its legs were capable of strong agility, and endurance just from the visual.
I approximated 10 seconds or less.
These assignments may seem useless-- but they were frankly supposed to help with our contemplation, accuracy of judgement, and result.
I gasped as my headphones slipped up from my head. I turned around to see who grabbed them-- only to meet with Mahito.
I heard about him from Nanami.
His stitches were perfectly displayed the way Nanami had informed me of. His grayish-blue long hair-- and . . . everything about him as a curse.
"You actually waited," he huffed with a grin.
I stood up before getting into a defensive stance.
"Relax, I'm not here to hurt you," Mahito softly chortled. " . . . besides him." He gestured behind me.
I turned around to meet-- someone who looked like Itadori. Instead he had this certain gaze in his eyes along with tattoos all over his body. He is certainly taller than Yuji.
"Of what use does this student have to me?" he frowned.
"You know, he's one of the very scarce students you were talking about. It's his blood."
"Hey--!"
I gasped as his hand found the space between my shoulder blades and pushed me close to him. I felt him face get near the skin of my neck, before I pulled away.
I held a sturdy defensive stance. I'm . . . honestly not ready to fight two curses. Not to mention, the curse Nanami found difficult in defeating-- along with the other one looking awfully like Yuji.
"Why do you look like someone I know?" I growled lowly, keeping my eyes on both of them even though I made myself concentrate on the one with pink hair.
He grinned. "Maybe I ate them?"
I froze.
"Maybe I decided to kill them and take their place? Or did I just simply decide to copy their physical appearance?"
What is he talking about?
"Or maybe . . . it's because we simply look alike."
I frowned. How stupid.
I exhaled slowly and quietly-- before discreetly approaching him.
"Mahito, leave. I now have some business in front of me to take care of."