CHAPTER 1

******

𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅

******

I WALK TOWARDS my desk with a coffee in my hand. Today looks like a good day for a new suit to buy or maybe a new blouse or a new pair of shoes?!

It's been a while since I shower myself with wealth. Every month, after receiving paychecks from the company, my money would fly away to my family. Especially to my beautiful little sister that my parents adore so much that I can't spend my own money.

All the money that's been received in my family, must first be used by our little princess. I didn't think the ritual stays the same forever until I move out of the house. 

I didn't care if my parents want to scold me after this 'cause all I care about is the big posters of discounts, sales, and more advertisements about clothes, shoes, food, and many more flooding into my house.

"Good morning my loves." I greet my teams happily. Their smile widens when they saw me, but their smile was not a welcoming smile at all.

My light feet slowly get heavier as I walk closer to my desk. Looking eye to eye with three of them but everyone has heavy eyes, looking sadder than when I knew my cat died.

I hesitate to ask the bad news, but still kept my good morning vibe in my head and asks them with a forced smile, "Why look so down? Did I miss something important?" 

They didn't say anything and just slowly raise their fingers, pointing at the table in front of me.

My eyes bulge out, throwing my happy coffee away. My legs hurriedly run towards my dearest friend's desk. "Where's Hani? What happened to her desk? Why is it empty?" I bombarded them with panic questions.

Just like me, they also don't know what happened to her. Why, how, or when did she left us will stay a mystery until I call her personally.

I grab my hair angrily, "Just when I thought my day was great. This happened." I slam my butt on Hani's used-to-be desk.

"Can't any of you call her and ask about this?"

"We wanted to but..." Jamie answered. She looks nervous, her fingers couldn't stop dancing with themselves and her eyes would not meet with mine.

I try to catch her gaze but she keeps looking at her teammates for help but all of them ignore her puppy eyes.

I sigh heavily at their suspicious attitude. Crossing my hands over my chest, "What? What news that's so heavy for you to tell me?" My voice softens to calm them.

"You know... Well... Umm... Firstly.." Jamie stutters her words, every word is all over the place. 

Never did I think a person who is so confident with herself would speak messily in front of her leader. My team consists of five people including me and I have been their leader for four years. They have been under my care for that long. I've already remembered their favorite drinks or their clumsiness in reports or lifestyle.

Jamie is my junior, she's already in her third year. She's a person who has the most confidence in presenting her ideas to the board and she is a person who's not afraid to show her passion for fashion.

One day she would wear a fluffy jacket to work, then the next day, she would wear a leopard skirt with a blouse paired with it. Whether it looks weird or not, she doesn't care cause she knows this is her own color to show.

I love that personality of hers since I'm mostly the opposite of her. She's confident and I'm more like a keep-it-to-myself kind of woman.

But what the hell happened to her usual self?

"Seriously, what happened?" I ask them worriedly.

This is getting more serious than an annoyance. I could feel that their news doesn't stop with Hani being gone but there's more and it's involving me in it.

"Did I do something? or did someone see me smoke in the bathroom?" I whispered to them and my hands trembled at the uneasy feeling in my gut.

"No, that's not it. Wait, y/n, you smoke?!" I wave my hand at Aren's scream.

If that's not it. Then, what's really going on here?

Jamie opened her mouth to speak but someone suddenly clears his throat making all of us turn our heads towards the two men.

My eyes moves towards the complete stranger besides Namjoon. His face is frozen, no smile, no frown, just blank like a piece of paper. Even when our eyes meet but he kept his face solid with a calming breathing pace.

"Dude, are you even listening to me?"Namjoon snaps his fingers at me. I blink my eyes quickly and jump off Hani's desk.

Smoothing my skirt down, I awkwardly greet Namjoon before taking multiple anxious peek at the silent man. "Namjoon, what's with the surprise visit."

"Surprise? You haven't heard about..." 

"It's my fault! I will tell her as soon as possible!" Aren suddenly jumps in between me and Namjoon. He laughs loudly while making a 'sorry' face.

I stare confusedly at him before looking back at the other two, their heads are so low as if they're being pulled by the head to the floor.

I glance back at Namjoon's surprised face and he too looks like he's being in an awkward position.

Why is everyone so tense today?!

"What's the news? They haven't told me yet and who's that gentleman over there? Why is he..." My voice fades out as I stare at the box in the man's hand.

"No way," I said out loud.

Is he hani's substitute? Already?!

"Yes, way." Namjoon smiles until his dimple pop out and pulls the shorter man closer to us.

"I introduce you to your new leader, Park Jimin."

"Oh, hey." I smile at the new leader.

Eh.

Nani? (What?)

New leader?

"Wait! New leader?!" I screamed furiously at Namjoon. He smiles innocently before running off towards his office.

He's my substitute?!

"Kim Namjoon!" I yelled after him but he didn't stop. I snap my head towards the others and like smoke, in a second they just vaped away.

I scoff loudly at the betrayal, "So that's why they're so quiet." I angrily push my hair back.

The full office suddenly turns into an empty one, leaving me and my new leader alone. I clench my fist tightly when he ignores me before walking straight to my seat.

"When are you going to move your stuff?" 

The first conversation we had just burned me in anger. Rolling my eyes at him, I sarcastically said, "Soon." Snatching my purse and make more noise of frustration as I walk out of the office. Leaving him alone.

"Damn you company! After all the years I spent here, this is what I get for being a goddamn loyal employee?!" I yelled in the middle of the hallway.

"Y/n!" Namjoon screams for my attention.

There you are, you little fox!

Before I could jump on Namjoon and pull his hair off, he quickly close my mouth and pulls me into his office.

You will be dead in my hand Namjoon!

___________________

-end chapter-

what do you think about this chapter?

More? or ney?

please comment and vote
thank you for all the kindness that you bring today!!

Thank you
From : 🄷🄰🄴🄲🅄🅄🅄