« - Chapter Thirteen - »

Wilbur woke up in a cold sweat again. This was the third night in a row. He didn't want to see those horrid images again. Why did he keep seeing.. That?

He forgot about it for a long time. Maybe, when he left.. The memories, the images, they left with him. But when he came back.. Wilbur just couldn't. He didn't want to.

There was a knock at his door.

"Wilbur." Techno's gruff voice said through the closed door. Wilbur panicked. "No, no, no, no.. Don't come in, please!"

The doorknob rattled, and the door was pushed open by the man. Wilbur could see the red of his eyes. It wasn't very comforting. "Techno, go, please, I can't- Leave me, please."

Techno stared at Wilbur, before walking over to his friend. "I'm sorry I brung this pain upon you, Wilbur. I just.. Couldn't bear it anymore." "Yes you could, Techno!" Wilbur shouted.

Techno flinched. "Wilbur, you have to understand what I told you. This is bad. You're in danger because of him."

Wilbur shook his head. "I can't believe you, Techno. After all those years of the lies.. I refuse."

Techno's expression softened. "Wilbur. I'm trying to protect you. Don't you understand..?" "You don't want to protect me, I know it!" "Yes, I do."

Wilbur glared at the pink-haired man. "Leave me alone. I do not wish to speak with you anymore."

Techno sighed. "Fine." He stepped back into the doorway, before turning to Wilbur again. "But I will warn you one last time."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Wilbur hadn't gotten any sleep for the rest of that night. His encounter with Techno was.. Terrifying, to him. Techno hadn't been sleeping in Wil's house. So then how did he get in? And how did he know about what Wilbur saw?

Wilbur remembered he had been a little tipsy before going to bed, so maybe his mind was playing tricks on him?

Yeah, it was just the drink. That's all. The drink.

Wilbur stood up, looking at the shattered bottle on the floor. There was a puddle of whiskey surrounding it. "Fundy, can you get me the broom?" He shouted.

He heard the pitter-patter indicating Fundy heard him, and soon the fox boy was at his door holding a broom and dustpan. "Here you go, dad!" He said, smiling.

"Thanks, son." Wilbur said, smiling and patting Fundy's head. The boy's tail swished back in forth.

Wilbur chuckled. "You can go now bud. I've got to clean up this mess." Fundy nodded, walking away and closing the door behind him.

Wilbur looked over at the shattered glass. He sure as hell didn't do that. He knew he didn't. He didn't want to ponder on who or what did, though, so he swept it up and threw it away, then cleaned the puddle.

Now he could pretend like nothing had happened. Nothing at all.

But something did happen. And he knew that something wasn't good. Had Techno really been in his room? And if so, what was up with his eyes? How could they do that?

That red.. It was such a sinister colour. He couldn't get that out of his head. The way the red followed his every move, fixated on him.