1 | Moving Away

(Sam's POV)

'Why'd this have to be me' I thought as I was in History class.

"Miss. Scott, will you please tell me what day and what year the Great Depression started?" My teacher Mr. Andy asked me.

"Ummm, I don't know you tell me." I said as I came back to reality. Well maybe I shouldn't have said that. He immediately gave me detention, so I grabbed my stuff and walked to detention.

I stared singing to myself:

"It started out a weekend in May

I was looking for attention needed intervention

Felt somebody looking at me

With a powder white complexion feeling the connection"

"The way she looked was so ridiculous

Every single step had me waiting for the next

Before I knew it was serious

Dragged me out the bar to the backseat of a car"

"When the lights go out she's all I ever think about

The picture burning in my brain kissing in the rain

I can't forget my English love affair

Today I'm seven thousand miles away

The movie playing in my head

Means I can't forget my engl-"

I was suddenly caught off because I was yelled at by Mrs. Dates.

"Will you please get to your seat Miss. Scott!"

I looked around at the students in the detention room with me. I saw all the boys that I bullied, once they saw me they ducked and I smirked. I then walked past them and I smacked all the hats off the kids I bullied and Mrs. Dates yelled at me saying "I said please find a seat!"

I saw Dylan Sprayberry and his gang smile and i took my seat next to Dylan. I started drawing and I put some earphones in and I felt sleepy. I put my head on my desk and fell asleep until I woke to Mrs. Dates yelling saying

"I SAID YOU CAN GO TO LUNCH NOW MISS. Scott!!"

I never knew I fell asleep, well I got up and grabbed my stuff and headed to lunch. When I got there I saw Dylan stare at me and he got up and came towards me.

"Hey, Sam you look good today."

"Thanks, Dylan. Umm what are you doing with a girl like me?"

"Well I came to ask you out, Sam would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow?"

"Umm, sure I'd love you. But I've got a lot of homework so I can't."

"Uh ok, ill see you around sometime."

"Uh bye" I walked to the lunch line and looked at the choices. Ewww yakisoba and meatloaf sandwich. I left the line and went to sit by my friend Eva who usually brings me lunch but I guess she didn't today. I was walked to the library and I sat down to read the Maze Runners series.

I stayed at the library through art and English class. I walked home when the day was over because I lived a few blocks from school. When I got home I saw my parents were home and I walked up to the door to knock when they opened the door looking sad.

I went to the kitchen when my mom said "we need to talk." I sat down and listened to them. As they finished I was crying and my mom hugged me. But I ran to my room without stopping. I texted Eva telling her that I'm moving to Sydney, Australia. She texted back saying she was on her way over.