Even Though I'm Mute We Need to Talk

"Nice of you to join in on the fun!"  Blackbeard said laughing with a smile on his face as he pulled Jim's blade from his back.

"Oh I wouldn't say that."  They said.

"Look Jim, I know your angry about this whole leaving your boyfriend to die thing, but seriously doesn't this seem like a good thing?"

"How is that a good thing?"

"Because you're free!  Free to do what you want without the weight of someone else on your shoulders.  You can go anywhere, see anyone, be anything, and you don't have to worry about anyone telling you that you can't."  Blackbeard said as he walked closer to where Izzy was.

"But what if I want that?"   Jim asked.

Blackbeard turned around.  "Are you saying you want someone telling you what to do?"

"No.  But I want someone to question my actions.  If Olu never questioned my actions then I may not even be here, Spanish Jackie could have gotten me killed for all I know, but she hasn't, and I think it's because of him, and of course me too."

Blackbeard scoffed at that.  "You can't be serious.  I know that you are capable of killing just as many men as me, so why is it that you don't act like it?"

"Maybe it's because I actually have someone who cares about me!"

Now that hit a nerve.  "Look here Jim!  I don't care weather you're on my side or not, but right now if you want to live another day to see your little boy toy again, you better help me fight off these men, because in the grand scheme of things I can end your life in a matter of seconds.  Okay?"

Jim could tell that something was wrong and that they shouldn't pester on.  "Okay." They said.

"Good.  Oh, and Jim."

"Yeah?"

"If you bring up Stede ever again I will slit your fucking throat and feed your body to the sharks!"  Blackbeard said with a smile.  "Now come on, we shouldn't waste time talking now should we!"

"Well shit."  Jim whispered.

***

"Why the fuck did you decide to attack a ship full of hundreds of men if you don't mind me asking?"  Jim yelled as they slashed open the throats of two men running towards them.

"In hindsight it seemed like a good plan, but only now am I realizing that this is fucking awful!"  

"You think?" Jim yelled back.

"I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but could you two please stop fighting and make sure that we don't die!" Frenchie yelled from across the ship.

"Frenchie, I know you're not yelling at me right now, because if you are then I promise I will kill you once we live." Jim yelled back.

"Okay, new offer. How about we focus on killing these people and then we can contemplate about killing each other." Blackbeard suggested.

"Fine with me." Jim and Frenchie said together.

***

With all said and done, the battle actually ended in a lot less death than Blackbeard thought it would. The captain of the other ship was now tied to the mast of the ship and Blackbeard, tired from battle, sat down beside him catching his breath.

"I told you I was going to kill you!" Jim said as they walked up behind Blackbeard, holding their dagger to his neck. "So, got any last words?"

"Yeah, actually." He said. "How about you don't do that."