part 6

Gorya took her time in the shower, thinking about Thyme's warm skin under her fingers. She wanted to touch him. That was a new desire. She thought about it some more and determined that she wanted not only to touch him, she wanted to make him feel good. Before, when they came together in each other's arms, his whimpering into her neck set her ablaze, even as she was coming down from her orgasm. It made her feel powerful. To have someone like Thyme be so vulnerable and essentially under her control, it was ironic.

She smiled to herself thinking about it as she washed. Her hands ran down between her legs and stopped there, wondering what it would be like. Mostly, she wondered if it would hurt. She winced at the thought of pain there, and yet her hand started to rub in circles on her clit.

Thyme suddenly knocked on the door to the bathroom, startling her.

"Gorya?" Thyme said through the door.

"I'm almost done!" Gorya shouted back.

"Take your time! I was just checking that you... had... in case you needed-" Thyme allowed himself to trail off. He wasn't sure what he wanted to say or why he was saying it. He wanted to ask her how she was feeling, wanted to make sure she felt safe and comfortable. He didn't want her to feel like she was being pressured into anything.

Gorya got out of the shower and towel dried her hair. She was certain that whatever would happen tonight, Thyme was her's. She looked at herself in the mirror, imagining Thyme's face if he ever stood in front of her as she was, completely naked. She imagined his face turning from a wide-eyed puppy to a smoldering tiger and shivered. That monster he had within him always came out in the moments she needed it most.

She put his shirt back on, this time without underwear. The shirt was still comfortable, if not a little damp from her sweat. Gorya shyly walked out of the bathroom and into a room filled with candles. Thyme seemed to be pacing in the living room.

"Better?" he asked, smiling. He then noticed what she was wearing. "I can give you something fresh. You don't have to wear just that. I have shorts that might fit you..." he said, walking to his closet.

"No, it's fine. I'm comfortable in this, thank you." she said, more formally than intended. The air was thick with the smell of burning candles, the humidity tumbling out of the bathroom, and a stale dampness from the lack of AC. Gorya couldn't explain it but, it smelled like sex.

Thyme breathed in deeply through his nose, wide-eyed, before saying, almost panicky, "I got us some snacks!" Gorya smiled and walked over to the table next to the sofa, where Thyme had laid out a few cartons of Lactasoy and some Dutchie yogurts. Gorya picked up a Lactasoy and happily sipped on it as she sat on the sofa. She was grateful for a moment that cut through the tension. Thyme sat on the other side of the couch, avoiding staring at Gorya as she drank her Lactasoy. Seeing her lips pursed around the straw was almost too much for him.

"It's getting dark. I hope the candles last." Thyme said, nervously. Gorya smiled wide.

"You said we didn't need them! You said why need candles when you had me!" Gorya joked. She kick the air towards him with her foot. Thyme feigned defense and held up his hands.

"I don't need them for me! I just... want you to be..." Thyme got quieter as he worked out which words to use, "I want you to be comfortable... with me. You wanted the candles..." Gorya's face fell into a frown and she put down the milk carton.

"Thyme." she said, making eye contact with him.

Thyme answered with his puppy dog eyes and Gorya couldn't help but smile.

"I'm okay. I promise I will let you know if I'm not." she said, reassuring him.

Thyme was relieved by her sudden coolness. He slid closer to her on the couch, whispering, "So you liked what we did earlier?"