Three

Date: April 21st 2019

I sat on the same table she was sat on as she was so focused on the book that was in between her hands. I had my palm placed on my cheek as my elbow was rested on the table, I was staring at her beauty as a small smile was plastered on my face making me look like a fool but I didn't care because my facial expression would definitely convince her that I was falling hard for her.

"Could you just piss off?" She asked without looking up at me but I could tell that there was a hint of annoyance in her voice. I shook my head and said "We're friends. Did you forget that we hung out the other day?" She looked up at me and said "I already told you just that once. I shouldn't have agreed if I knew that you would stick to me like a leech." She said then rolled her eyes. "You won't lose anything if we become lovers. Oh come on you would gain a handsome and great man." I said confidently and she scoffed.

"Lovers?" She asked in disbelief. "I don't want to be friends with you let alone be lovers." She scoffed. "Ouch. Don't you think you're being a bit harsh?" I asked her as I tilted my head a bit. "Me? I don't think so. I could be harsher if you want." She said looking into my eyes. I didn't say anything, I just looked back at her. She looked back at her book. I wasn't going to give up that easily on her.

"The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka. I didn't expect someone like you to read this kind of book." I said as I leaned my back on the chair. Her head shot up towards my direction. "You've read this book?" She asked in shocked. I nodded my head. "I'm not gonna give you any spoilers but it has a sad ending." I whispered.

"Stop messing with me." She squinted her eyes at me. "Why would I? Do you really think I don't read?" I asked. "Then what's the name of the main character?" She tried testing me. "Gregor." I answered as I smirked. Her lips slightly parted because she thought that she got me.

"I can even tell you the purpose of the story." I said and I finally caught her attention. She placed the book down and gave me her full attention. "I feel like it's about the burden of responsibility, struggle, isolation maybe even sacrifice." I said as I leaned closer to her as she was sitting in front of me. "But if you want my opinion it's a really shitty book. The purpose is great but the idea and how it was written isn't really that good." I added.

"It's a good book but it's just that you don't have good taste." She scoffed. "If I didn't have good taste I wouldn't have been interested in you." I grinned as she glared at me. "Anyways back to my point, A man becoming a bug. Really? It was like the author came up with the main themes which he did great then thought oh why won't I just make the main character turn into a bug to prove my point of this society?"

"You surprise me every day, Hansol." She said as a small smile formed on her lips. "You should smile more often it suits you." I said smiling. Her smile dropped and I said "Oh come on I didn't say that for you to frown." She looked back at her book as if my hard work trying to catch her attention went to waste causing me to sigh loudly. I didn't know if I was really interested in her or just wanted to break her for making me look like a fool in front of Wonwoo.