three. egypt and stars

*this chapter will contain spoilers for moon knight episode 3*

Lucia Castro always wanted to travel the world and see new places, she would love having her itinerary ready to help her know what to do next, doing things in order, Lucia wasn't a fan of doing things just because and without a plan — except that yesterday night she broke that.

Maybe it was the idea of looking up the places she could probably stay in, looking up the pictures, the reviews, everything that could give her an idea of the type of place she would be living in for the time she wanted to be out.

So it was totally understandable the panic she was having when she woke up in a place she didn't recognize and it wasn't even London, she knew that because she could hear at far conversations in another language, the commotion from traffic even wasn't the same from home. Lucia had no idea where she was and that scared her.

"Good Morning Mrs. Castro." The older man walked into the room she had been sleeping on, the door stayed opened behind him as he walked with two guards behind him.

"It's Miss Castro." She corrected. "I am sorry but where am I? Who are you? What do you want?" She tried to keep the questions one at a time but she needed the answers now and patience wasn't her friend.

"I know that Miss Castro, come with me, I'll explain everything." He said stepping aside. "My name's Arthur Harrow, I suppose your second question has been answered and a little trust has been gained."

"No trust is gained when you abducted me and brought me someplace I don't recognize." Lucia passed next to Arthur, cautious and looking back at the older man.

"Yes, my apologies for the use of aggression, we were in a hurry to arrive in Egypt, you know—"

"I am sorry? You said Egypt? We are in Egypt?" Lucia stopped her walk, her index finger lifting to point at Arthur in disbelief.

"Yes, I brought you here Miss Castro because I need you here, you are a kind woman who Ammit told me to bring and protect." Arthur looked back, his voice was calm as he explained to Lucia. "At first you were planned to be used as bait for Marc or in your case for Steven to give me the scarab. But now that I have it, the plans have changed." Arthur kept on walking, his cane hitting the floor echoing around them.

Lucia didn't want to follow him, she didn't want to be here, but the idea of escaping seemed to dangerous to do right now, so, she followed the man, leaving what if looked like a temple and met the shiny morning light from the sun, the weather hugging her til suffocating her skin under her clothes, and this moment, Lucia regretted wearing a long-sleeve.

"Come follow me Miss Castro, Ammit is waiting for us." With his arm stretched out, he let the brunette walk past him into a vehicle. "You'll be safe here, nobody will harm you, we just need to keep an eye out for you." Hesitant about it Lucia followed the orders, scared that if she didn't she wouldn't make it out alive, sitting next to the window two other masculine figures sat across from her, guns in their arms aiming down, the terror in Lucia could've been seen from her shaking hands, and heard from her heavy breathing.