five. alexander the great

Lucia feared death, it was a common human thing to fear

Lucia feared death, it was a common human thing to fear. It was more of how she was gonna die instead of when. She didn't want to die of old age, hell, she didn't even want to reach her seventies, she felt too old at that age. Possibly from a heart attack, even if that sounded painful, she wanted a quick, painless death, so, it was understandable she didn't want to die in the hands of an assassin ripping her skin open to pull her organs out, even though it seemed quick, it had to be very painful.

The brunette stayed behind the pillar, all she could hear was a horrific sound of bones cracking, gasping from the man, a few metallic sounds being dropped, possibly instruments being used to harm the body, Lucia slowly turned around just enough to take a peek at what was happening behind her, she could see Layla moving around the tomb, their eyes met each other as she did, her head shook a few times, Lucia could feel her heartbeat on her throat, her hands shaking uncontrollably from the panic. 

A small creaking sound made the man jump on top of the tomb, Lucia turned back and hid her body completely again, her hand covering her lips, she could only listen to the sound the man was making, there was a sudden sound that gave the idea to Lucia that the man wasn't near Layla, instead far away, taking another look she could see she was right, the man who now looked more like a creature, was crawling the boards underneath the area where Steven stood, someone had to do something quickly.

"Run, I'll find you." Steven screamed after a ceramic was thrown and Layla ran, catching the creature's attention completely, a sudden impact was heard behind Lucia, turning around she noticed a table over the body of the creature.  "Lucia? Are you okay?" He asked as she climbed down, his feet hitting the ground in a loud thump.

"I am okay, we got to keep on moving, Layla will be okay, she's smart enough to find us, right?" Lucia asked coming out of the shadow and standing beside Steven, he nodded his head softly, Lucia took another look at the creature underneath the table, it looked ancient and rotten, and she could feel her stomach turn ready to throw up.

"I hope she does, now, come on, let's follow the path." Steven and Lucia took their way through a passage and a light shined at the end of it, hurrying over in hopes that no other creature would follow them.

Lucia's lungs burned with every breath she took in, she didn't like to rush, but knowing their lives were now possibly in danger, she had no other choice. There was a moment when Steven stopped rushing and for Lucia, this was the moment to finally do the same and relax just a little bit.

"So, what now? Do we know where we are?" Lucia questioned as glanced at the ceiling, noticing how luminous it was.

"We are on the right path, I memorized the map, we are going upwards, we got to be careful with our steps, we don't want any booby traps to fall on us or something." Steven chuckled looking back at Lucia making sure she was following him.

"Do you think they made traps in here? If they did, for who exactly?" Lucia asked, her steps slow and meticulous, Lucia's adrenaline was high, she could feel it rushing inside her veins, if she could, she would run, she wanted to run for some odd reason, she wanted to reach someplace safe.