Chapter Twelve - Tie a lasso around the moon and bring it on down to you

°°°

°°°

"Darlin', I'd wait for you

Even if you didn't ask me to

Tie a lasso around the moon

And bring it on down to you"

Celeste sang as she watched the view of the mountains and the sea not that far away, the sky was gray, as if it was telling them it was going to be a rainy day. Celeste ignored it, she didn't mind some rain, she had been through much worse than a storm.

With her eyes fixed on the sky, Celeste continued her singing, her calm voice traversing the forest, walking among the trees where birds nested and hid from monsters. Her hand caressed Snow, forgetting for a moment how terrible she felt, it was in those moments that she thought about phrases like 'wanting a mother's lap', because she never had a mother, never had a lap to lie on, no matter how much Vesemir loved her, he was still a man, a witcher, and his difficulty in expressing feelings was palpable.

Celeste closed her eyes, enjoying the cold wind that came with the smell of sea air, announcing that they were approaching the harbor. Skellige was an island, so it was not possible to access the place on foot or on horseback, and even if it were, it would take three times as long, so she and Geralt, in deafening silence, rode to the port.

"I'd bottle the feeling you give me

And shelve that stuff for years to come

'Cause, baby, when your arms are around me

I'd swear that I'm holding the sun

I'd give you the sun if you asked me

You could have all of the time

You could have the stars and the trees

When dividing up the universe