twenty seven

With slow steps the girl was nowhere near her home. She really wasn't in a hurry, all the prior business dinners ended in chaos and she hoped to miss it all, even if it meant being outside the whole night.

Just as she looked at her phone to check the time she got a message from Jihoon.

hoons:p

JIHOON:
well the dinner just started

HYEON:
and..?

JIHOON:
i wanna leave, it's better if
u dont come

HYEON:
that bad? who even
is there?

JIHOON is typing...

Suddenly a car stopped in front of her, making her look up from her screen. The window went down just as she passed by. "Need a lift?" A male voice said from the inside, making her raise her head and look at the driver.

"What even are you doing here?" She asked as she moved closer to the vehicle. "Dad has some kind of a business dinner and I have to be there. He said it so last minute so I'm late."

Hyeon slowly nodded her head in understanding before stopping. "Did you just say business dinner?" A gasp left her lips as she realised.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Because I'm supposed to be at a business dinner that I got notified about very last minute." She explained before the other slowly nodded.

"So? Are you going with me or are you ditching?" Asahi asked as he tapped on the wheel and the girl took a moment to think. She knew that this is a great opportunity for Jihoon's mom but at the same time she really didn't want to spend time with her parents' murderer.

"Okay." She nodded before the other unlocked the doors and allowed her to enter the car.

They drove in silence for a few moments before the girl spoke up. "I just want to apologise once again. I shouldn't have punched you."

"It's okay, I didn't get seriously injured. I just want to know why did you do it? I can see that you're holding a grudge against me but I don't know why." Asahi replied as he turned the corner.

"That's the house." Hyeon said before he could miss it. He stopped the car before turning to look at her. "I can't give you the reason yet. Just wait a bit more, please. I won't punch you anymore and we can even try being friends."

A chuckle left his lips as she talked before he placed a hand onto her shoulder, causing her to look up at him. "We should probably go inside before both of us get in trouble."

"Y-Yeah." She awkwardly nodded before quickly opening the doors and walking out, the other following after her.

As they had guests over the doors were unlocked so she just turned the door knob, allowing Asahi to enter. The moment she closed the doors and looked up, her eyes fell onto no other than Asahi's father.

Her hands balled into fists as anger ran through her body. He was just sitting at the table she ate on every day, a smile on his face as he turned to look at the newcomers.

Silence took over the room as Hyeon's blood boiled. She was about to turn around and leave without another word but the moment she turned her head, she looked at Asahi's figure, a bandage covering his nose.

The two maintained eye contact for a few moments before he looked at his father and the other two. "Sorry for being late, I got a bit lost but luckily saw Hyeon walking home." He quickly apologised before bowing.

"Ah, finally! Jihye, this is my son, Asahi." He motioned for the mentioned to come over before putting a hand around his shoulder. "He's the future of the company. That's why I wanted him to be here tonight."

The rest of the interaction, Hyeon didn't pay attention to. She quickly checked the unread message from Jihoon.

JIHOON:
it's hamada..

She raised her head quickly, locking eyes with Jihoon who was seated at the head of the table. An apologetic look stood on his face as he stared at her.

Just as she was about to walk upstairs and lock herself in her room, someone called her name. "Hyeon!" She turned around to look at the woman, a fake smile forming on her lips.

She hated the man but she was not about to ruin a business oportunity for her. "Come, sit down." She pulled a chair from beside her. "You've heard of the beer company so you must already know Atsushi."

Hyeon nodded before slowly making her way towards the empty seat between Jihoon and his mom. "I'm glad the two of you could join us." Asahi's father said as he looked between the girl and his son.

She faked a smile as she looked at him before stabbing her fork into the meat she placed on her plate. "Yeah." A look of disgust crossed her face before she looked down and started eating.

- - -

Double update:D