054 ; boggart

───※ ·❆· ※───

───※ ·❆· ※───

THE WARDROBE RATTLED, YOU STARE IN INTEREST.

you were now in defence against the dark arts with your new teacher, professor lupin.

in front of you all was a large wardrobe with mirrors on the doors, you were excited to know what was inside but only hoping that it wasn't some of those cornish pixies again.

"intriguing, isn't it?"

the wardrobe continues to rattle.

"would anyone like to venture a guess... as to what is inside?"

"that's a boggart, that is" dean says.

"very good, mr. thomas" lupin nods curtly.

"now, can anyone tell me what a boggart looks like?"

"no one knows" hermione steps up, you look at her in confusion, sure she wasn't there just a second ago.

"when did she get here?" ron voices your thoughts.

"boggarts are shapeshifters" she says as if she didn't hear him, "they take the shape of whatever the person fears the most. that's what makes them so.."

"so terrifying, yes, yes, yes.." lupin steps up towards the wardrobe.

"luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart" lupin steps in front of the cupboard, looking back at it as it shakes again.

"let's practice it now. without wands, please" he points his finger around the room.

"after me. riddikulus!"

"riddikulus" the class choruses.

"very good. a little louder and very clear. listen : riddikulus" he says loudly and clearly.

"riddikulus!" you all say louder.

"this class is ridiculous" draco scoffs from the far right.

"very good" lupin congratulates.

"so much for the easy part. you see, the incantation alone is not enough. what really finishes a boggart is laughter. you need to force it to assume a shape you find trule amusing. let me explain. uh, neville, would you join me please?"

neville looks shocked, looking around at you all nervously.

"come on, don't be shy. come on"

neville gulps, stepping up slightly.

"come on" lupin whispers.

neville walks up to him, nervously glancing at him.

"hello. neville, what frightens you most of all?"