Chapter 2: Effects and contracts

Oh hey I finally continued my draft lmao-

No, it hasn't been half a year what do you mean-

Enjoy reading?

Amethyst eyes opening, Luz sat up, rubbing his eyes sleepily. The sun was just rising, and there was a soft humming and clanking of pots and pans. Confused, Luz rubbed his eyes as he stood up, walking to the kitchen to see Amatsuki cooking.

"You're up early." The brunette mused as he heard Luz walk into the kitchen, turning his head slightly. "Mafu-kun and Sora-san only wake up around noon."

"Ah...?" Luz blinked in confusion. "Do you... stay here...?"

"Nope!" Amatsuki hummed as he plated the pancakes and placed it under a food cover. "I just make food for them before I go back to the tavern."

"Ah, thank you for your hard work." Luz bowed at Amatsuki who merely laughed and waved his hand. "Don't be so serious. Anyway, would you like to head to the tavern? Senra-san should be drunk in the backroom if Shima-san moved him."

"Can I?" Luz nodded quickly. He wanted to find the truth as soon as possible! If he can find him... he'll get answers to his impossible questions.

"Of course." The brunette laughed before scribbling a note for the two and took Luz's hand. "Let's go."

Leading the way out of the house, Amatsuki hummed softly, waving to the villagers that were scarce among the streets this early. "Morning!"

"Ah, Amatsuki-kun!" Calling out for the brunette, a rather old lady waddled over and handed over a box. "Thank you for your help last week... If you weren't there, I really don't know what I would have done."

"There's no need to thank me." The brunette smiled, but politely took the box. It would be rude not to. "Anyone normal would help you."

"But you out of everyone else did." A warm smile before she gently squeezed the hand and pulled away. "Would you like to come for tea with your friend?"

"Eh?" Surprised, Luz jumped as he was mentioned, confusion filling his face before Amatsuki quicky stepped in. "Unfortunately, I would have to decline. I have to go back to the tavern since Kashi-san has been manning it alone!"

"Ah, Kashitaro-san... Do thank him for helping me!" The woman bowed with a smile.

"Mn, I will." Taking Luz's hand, Amatsuki waved with the box in hand before pulling the taller away.

"Amatsuki-kun, who's Kashitaro-san?" Luz tilted his head, confused.

A small smile on his face, Amatsuki hummed softly. "Kashi-san is my partner. He helps in the tavern a lot... you didn't see him last night since he was resting before the night shift."

"Ah, is that so?" Luz nodded gently as they continued their way to the tavern. "I can't wait to meet him!"

"I'm sure you'll really like him." Amatsuki kept his smile as they approached the tavern.

As they entered, a white and red fox with nine bushy tails was curled up on the counter, comfortably in bliss with his eyes closed. Opening a lazy eye, the fox stood up and stretched.

"Kashitaro-san did you fall asleep?" A soft chuckle as Amatsuki let go off Luz's hand, patting the fox gently.

"Eh?" Confused, Luz stared on before he jumped as he saw the fox hopped onto the barstool and transformed, a brunette with a fox mask taking its place.

"No, but I was about to." A yawn as Kashitaro noticed Luz. "Oh, is this the traveller?"

"Mhm." Amatsuki nodded gently before walking towards the kitchen. "Can you bring him to Senra-san? Then you should go rest."