3 | 𝖨𝗻𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Morning had risen, it's soft hues engulfed the ground below. The sound of an alarm clock blaring gently echoed around C block, the block where the main group were positioned. Rick carefully moved the curtain aside as he called out to his son who was sleeping peacefully.

"Carl," The boy furrowed his eyebrows and slowly opened his eyes, "Come on." Ricks eyes took a quick glance around the cell, it took him by surprise that the two teenagers who usually slept in the same bed were on different bunks.

At the sound of Ricks voice (Y/n) let out a muffled whine, she slowly sat up in bed before rubbing her tired eyes. The older man sheepishly smiled as he watched the younger girl, "I didn't mean to wake you, sorry about that."

She merely shook her head and climbed off the bunk. Once she reached the bottom she quickly slipped on a pair of shoes before looking up at the man, "It's fine, I was hoping to wake up early anyway. I'm going to go check on Patrick, he wasn't feeling to well yesterday. Hopefully I'll be able to use some of my medical knowledge to help nurse him back to full health!"

Rick chuckled and pet her head, "Alright then, just be safe." (Y/n) nodded and waved goodbye, she gave Judith a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving the cell, forgetting to take a certain jacket with her.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

(Y/n) quietly made her way through the prison towards the other cell block, being mindful to those who were still sleeping. She waved to others who past her, they were either making their way to the bathroom or to breakfast.

Before she made it to cell block D she managed to run into Hershel, her father. "Daddy!" The young girl smiled as she quickly made her way over to him. He was carrying a bag of something, it looked to be seeds for the gardens. The old man smiled at this youngest daughter and gave her and warm hug which she retaliated.

"(Y/n), what's got you so chipper this morning?" He asked, the man sat down on a nearby bench. After the group took out all the walkers in the prison Rick decided to make it feel more like a home so he started putting tables and chairs around. It also benefited Hershel after he lost his leg.

The young girl sat beside him, "Did Patrick come see you yesterday? He wasn't looking to well so I told him to visit you in hopes that either you or Dr S could give him some medicine." Hershel listened, he rubbed his beard as he recollected yesterday.

"I don't believe he did. I was in the infirmary all of yesterday and I didn't see him." (Y/n) sighed, her shoulders slumped downwards as she fiddled with the bottom of her dress. Her father gently stroked her head and sent her a gentle smile.