4 | 𝖨𝘀𝗼𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

It had been a couple of days since the disaster in the prison and tension was still high. The council had discussed their limited options on what they should do in this situation, only for one out come. They decided it would be best to monitor those who were in cell block D to see if they caught this unknown illness which was starting to spread.

They also decided it would be best to separate those who were ill from those who weren't. Carol suggested placing them into quarantine in one of the empty cell blocks. Hershel also suggested that the children should be separated from the adults, just to keep those more vulnerable safe.

Carl let out a sigh as he continued to shovel piles of clothes and belongings into his rucksack, his head was down avoiding eye contact with his father who stood at the door of his cell. "It's for your own good."

Rick tried to reason with his only son, inwardly groaning at the look he was given. "I'm fine. I don't want to be locked away with a bunch of kids."

"I need you in there keeping an eye on Judith and everybody else. Making sure they're safe." The older man stated, tapping at the wall gently as his son quieted down for a second. Carl then looked up, "What about (Y/n)? She'll be there to, right?"

Rick looked to the side sightly and sighed, "She thinks she's caught something. It might just be a cold but she's been coughing up a storm - Hershel thinks it's best she goes into quarantine for a bit."

The look on Carls face said everything, no words came out of his mouth as he readjusted the bag on his back. His dad gave him a few more instructions but they went in one ear and out the other. Rick sighed and gently pet his sons head, giving him a small smile of encouragement.

"She'll be fine. Don't worry."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

(Y/n) let out a sigh as the door shut behind her, her hand gripped Glenn's tighter as they both made their way to an open cell. Sitting down across from each other, she opened her small bag and pulled out a blanket. It was dirty and matted but still kept her warm.

She draped it around her shoulders before passing another one to the man in front of her. Glenn gave her a generous smile and accepted the material, wrapping it around his shivering figure.

"You still kept that? Didn't you have it when we were on the farm?" The man questioned, his eyes tracing the dirtied cream blanket. (Y/n)'s fingers picked at the fluff which tickled her skin as she nodded, "My momma gave it to me, it reminds me of her."

Glenn couldn't help but chuckle, the back of his hand wiped away the sweat which gathered on his brow. His skin had grown paler and his clothes began to stick to his damp body, "Shit, this sucks. I never expected to get sick in a world like this. We're usually so careful."

He began to mumble slightly letting out a few curses or groans. It only took a couple of minutes for him to fall asleep, all of the weight of his past labour finally catching up to him. (Y/n) frowned once she realised he was unconscious. She lent forward and repositioned his body so he was laying down before standing up herself.

Using her hands she wrapped the blanket around her shoulders tighter before stepping out of the cell, her slightly clouded eyes traced the bleak and bland room. The only colour which could be seen was grey.

The cell block was mainly silent, except for the occasional cough or grunt from someone. However, the sound of the large door being opened caused the girl to cast her attention over to it. She lent over the metal banister which stopped her from falling off of the second story.

In walked a familiar boy, on top of his head was a very noticeable sheriff's hat. (Y/n) quickly rushed down the metal steps and towards him, keeping a distance away to prevent him from getting ill. Carl gave a pathetic smile to the younger girl in front of him.

"You shouldn't be in here," The (H/c) haired girl coughed repeatedly before continuing, "You could catch it." Carl fiddled with the material in his hands as he looked around with saddened eyes.

"I just came to bring you this. Just in case you get cold." He handed the younger girl one of his flannels, it was a light blue one which he wore earlier. The material was slightly worn out but still soft to the touch. (Y/n) gently smiled at the boy and accepted his gift, only to frown when Carl was instructed to leave the quarantine section by Hershel.

Before leaving Carl took the girls hand in his, "Please come back to me alive." His grip tightened slightly before he let go. (Y/n) sighed as she watched him leave, bidding a wave goodbye as his figure retreated.

"Always."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

𝗚𝗼𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱. 𝖨'𝗺 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝘀𝗼 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗶𝘁, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗽𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝘂𝗽 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝘀𝗹𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴. <3