Chapter 1

America's P.O.V

The day started out with disaster and probably will end with one too, seeing what I'm supposed to do today. I didn't sleep last night, and I'm behind on paperwork.

God, when was the last time I slept? Right now all I want to do is sleep and forget about life's difficulties for I don't know, an hour? 

3rd Person P.O.V

Ame sat at the kitchen table rubbing his eyes. He had glasses on but not the ones everyone pictures him with. Paperwork laid scattered around him and his laptop. The clock read 5:47am. America sighed, wishing today didn't have a meeting. If he was 1 minute late Canada would start spamming him.

America heard someone coming down the stairs of his huge house. It was Arkansas. " Why are you up so early?" America asked the state as he came down the stairs. " I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back asleep. Also Louis (Louisiana) was snoring loudly. What are you doing up so early dad?" Arkansas said as he yawned. "I had a lot of paperwork and needed to finish it"

" The sun hasn't finished rising. Do you want to watch it with me?" " Sure, I just need to finish this paper."

* Timeskip to when the Sun was done rising*

America's P.O.V

When the sun finished rising it was 7:38. About 40 of the states are up, which was a good sign. Most of the time almost none of the states would be up. I needed to make breakfast for the states but I also needed to get ready for the meeting.

Florida was crazier than usual. All I could think was 'Ah s*** here we go again'. I could feel my tiredness catching up to me. I grabbed a Monster from the fridge and opened it. This should drive it away for a few hours. I took a sip and then set it down on the table.

I sighed. One of the states came up to me and said " Dad you should get ready for the meeting." I turned around and Delaware was standing to the side of me.

" Me and the rest of the 13 can make breakfast for the states. You need to get ready for a meeting right?"

" I do but-"

"Dad you can't be late again right? So me and the original 13 will take care of the state's after I wake up NASA and NATO." Well it seems D.C has joined Delaware's side. "Ok I can see I'm outnumbered. Just wake up NASA, he was up really late last night."

As I walked up the stairs I could hear D.C talking to Delaware how much she hates that the one night that he should sleep he stays up till 3:00am.

I smiled to myself.

After I got changed I heard it, everyone yelling and screaming. I hurried downstairs and all I could see was Florida, on his alligator looking like he just had 50 cups of coffee.

Jesus Christ. Of all things that had to happen today this happened? I got Florida off the alligator, but I got a really deep bite on my leg. Honestly I was lucky not to get my leg torn off.

The states got Tallahassee (the alligator) in his cage and Florida fell straight asleep, probably from the surge of energy. All the states looked scared out of their minds, especially the inland states.

I tried to relax a bit but it was impossible thanks to what just happened. I looked at the clock. It read 8: 45. Great, I'm going to be late. I wish I could relax.

But all I could think about is what could go wrong.

*Timeskip to the meeting*

Canada's P.O.V

Where is Ame? Everyone is here except him, I know it isn't unusual for him to be late but he most of the time gets back to me when I spam him. Even if it was just 'Canada pls shut up' but that told me he was ok.

Mexico gave me the look that meant 'where is your brother'. I just shrugged my shoulders not knowing where he is.

America's P.O.V

I was about 15 minutes late, not my worst, not my best though. I could feel the eyes on me as I walked into the room. Ignoring them I got to my seat and got my paperwork out.

I wish everybody would stop looking at me. I know that I'm the world superpower but I can't stand being stared at.

*After the meeting*

Still America's P.O.V

U.N called me to his office to chew me out on my habits and to ask me about a strange object that was covered in small markings, that appeared to be made out of blood.

I said I didn't know what it meant, but I was lying. My family has a gift for lying, me being the best. Those marks were Wyrdmarks and summoned people from another world if someone fainted near it.

Or that's at least what it said. I don't know how that survived throughout the world.

I know how to read the Wyrdmarks thanks to a NASA employee: Sam Cortland. He's smarter than most people I've met.

He apparently lived in another world that was a place of despair and sadness. He trained as an assassin with a certain girl named Celaena Sardothien whose real name is Aelin Ashryver. He died before they fell in love and watched over her. He never mentioned why he stopped watching over her, but I never asked why.

I was walking to my car talking to Germany and Japan, Russia was walking behind us. Then all the sudden I stopped and felt weird. "Ame-san?" "America!" Was all I heard before everything went black.

Russia's P.O.V

I was walking behind the American and his friends when I heard screaming in front of me. I had only a few seconds to react and catch the falling country. Thank God I caught him in time.

"Is Ame-san ok?" Japan asked, with sadness in her eyes. "He will be fine. Russia, can you bring him to the examination room?"(One room in the meeting building is a hospital kind of room so in case of emergencies)

* A few hours later*

3rd Person P.O.V

The strange object was lighting-up and buzzing with so much energy that it went off the chart.

But right now U.N had bigger problems, or the world superpower relapsing at the building. Germany said to America's family and U.N that it was from a lack of food, sleep, or both.

As soon as America woke up he rushed out of the building and got home as soon as possible, despite everyone telling him not to and to stay. America worried about the states hurried home.

That made everybody more worried, but America knew what would happen now and he was honestly really scared. He didn't want to know either.

Meanwhile somewhere ...

There was darkness everywhere.

But she would never yield.

Hopefully it worked.

That was her last chance at freedom.